Author Topic: Lunch with Terry and Kerry (Way down in Alabama)  (Read 1456 times)

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
Lunch with Terry and Kerry (Way down in Alabama)
« Reply #-1 on: April 27, 2014, 12:06:49 PM »
After leaving the Turtle in NOLA, I met up with Terry (way down in Alabama)  and his lovely wife, Kerry, at Bass Pro Shop in Spanish Fort, AL. We had a great visit with lots of good conversation. We caught up on what has been happening since we last met at the Gathering last Sept. They are such good people and good examples of why this forum is so friendly and successful. We had a great lunch in the restaurant at Bass Pro Shop. There were no pics for this one because I forgot to take any (kicking myself). If any of you reading this get a chance to meet up with your fellow forum members, please don't hesitate to take that opportunity. It really is worth the time to get to know our forum members. Everybody that I have met from this forum is now a great friend which proves that this forum is the best around.

Offline RAD

Re: Lunch with Terry and Kerry (Way down in Alabama)
« on: April 27, 2014, 01:12:16 PM »
That Bass Pro Shop is only about 30 minutes from me and I've been there several times. Sounds like I need to reach out to Terry for lunch one Saturday.
Love to cook and eat

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 01:33:17 PM »
RAD, I didn't know that you were that close or I would have reached out to you. You are on my "must meet" list. I go through Mobile 3 or 4 times a year. Actually, I almost went east on I10 to cut across to I75 north to Jaxon's house and would have gone right by Pensacola, but then I looked at the time and extra mileage and decided against it. I'll let you know when it happens next time.

Offline RAD

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 01:53:49 PM »
Just let me know. My wife and I have had dinner with Jax and his lovely bride at McGuire's. what a great couple. Good people
Love to cook and eat

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 02:04:21 PM »
Sounds like a great time.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 02:42:20 PM »
I have met Terry and Kerry, and like many of us he has a lady WAY above his level. Both of them are nice people. We go down to the Gulf Shores or Pensacola Beach area at least once or twice a year and need to touch base with Terry and RAD when we do.

Don, if you ever turn north from Mobile and come around the Birmingham area let me know. Things are normally pretty crazy here at home but there are a few good BBQ joints around we could check out.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 04:45:30 PM »
Very cool that you all are able to get together.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 05:28:04 PM »
Just let me know. My wife and I have had dinner with Jax and his lovely bride at McGuire's. what a great couple. Good people

Don't pass up an opportunity to meet up with Rad & his wife...especially if you're in Pensacola with them.  Let 'em take you to McGuire's Irish Pub and they will give you a tour of the place - including the huge wine cellar and climate controlled steak aging rooms (whatever you call them).

Though they are much younger than we are, they hung out in public with us and we had a wonderful time with them.

B T W, in the wine cellar, Rad took a picture of me holding a bottle of wine from 1948 - my birthyear...it had to great tasting stuff, but to rich for my blood.     ;)
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline RAD

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 06:25:56 PM »
I do believe that would this bottle
Love to cook and eat

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 07:50:29 PM »
Sounds like I need to make a trip to the Pensacola area too! That really is what this forum is about. Meeting up with good
people and sharing our experiences and just getting to know everyone on a personal level. I made a lot of friends at last
years Gathering and hope to make some more this year.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 08:45:11 PM »
I need to ask, what is the number on the bottles?
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2014, 09:07:21 PM »
I need to ask, what is the number on the bottles?

SOme appear to be the year they were bottled but not all. Otherwise 703 was a very good year. ;D
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2014, 09:17:26 PM »
Jack, did they make you kiss the Moose?
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2014, 05:11:49 AM »
Like that Hawaiian shirt for sure. ;D
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2014, 03:50:46 PM »
  Well , Looks like I'm right on time here....(Not)            It's been a tough start this year but things are coming around now...   
   Don , it was really great to see you! ( You have reached the "Ill bring the shovel" friend level now)!   You are always welcome and considered family. Even for the 4 AM breakfast! Heck I can grill early too.... That will be the coolest time of day for the next few months.  We even have a spare room these days if you need it(Don't tell my kids).  And a nice place cleared under the trees down in the woods behind the house for your trusty tent if you prefer that. (Questionable location if a fox gets in my hen house though  :o ;D )   

Rad, We would be glad to meet up anytime. P'Cola isn't far. Anywhere is fine. There's seafood on the causeway as well, Maybe we could find a good band at the Blue Gill one night. .   
 If any forum members have a camper there is lots of space on my property to use. A visit by one or several is welcome. Even a gathering would be fine.
The beach is 30 minutes away and down town Fairhope AL.  is 5 minutes away. Visitors like it down there, There are shops, Lots of sidewalks and city parks and a nice public pier and beach along Mobile Bay. . 
 I added the pic of Don in the biscuits for your viewing pleasure.

Ken, Tommy, Albert and anyone else please do get in touch if your down this way. Would love to meet up.
 If your going to Gulf Shores Alabama we live just a couple miles off HWY 59.  Could meet down at Gulf Shores easily too. 

[attachment deleted by admin]
Terry "Way down in Alabama"