Author Topic: If you're a coffee snob...DO NOT READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2699 times)

Offline Jaxon

If you're a coffee snob...DO NOT READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #-1 on: May 02, 2014, 04:45:44 PM »
Disclaimer:  this post is not for everyone and intended for info and our opinion only.  Knowing that we like just real good-tasting coffee regardless of how it is brewed will help you understand that we don't have to have one of the $500 - $1000 espresso-pumpin', latte-frothin', whooptie-doosey machines.
Just a simple cup of joe will do for us.
just sayin'...

I have resisted those cute little K-Cups since they first came out.  Why make just one cup at the time?  Well, there ARE times when Deb wants a cup in the afternoon or early evening.
Anyway, HB recently brought this product to market and we fell for it.  Our initial response is "GREAT JOB, folks".  Just what we wanted.

Three ways or more to brew...Full pot or half pot, etc.; for those times when you want just one cup - K-Cup; for travel mug size - got it covered; for two cups - got THAT covered.
I read the mixed reviews - they are ALWAYS folks that skew the results because they don't take the time to read the 'structions.  But we decided to try it knowing we could return it if not happy.
We're happy.  The K-cups work great (pretty quick) and measured temp of 177* per the lightning fast orange   thermapen..  The carafe side brews quicker than our Cuisinart and hot as we want it.  It has a mini-basket for brewing enough for a 14 oz travel mug or a couple of cups for just the two of us.
Now we have plenty of options when it comes to coffee time.
PLUS...we had the 20% discount from Bad Breath and Beyond.

Check it out at:
 http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/hamilton-beach-reg-two-way-flexbrew-reg-coffee-maker/3250561?categoryId=12053

You're welcome.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 04:58:56 PM by Jaxon »
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
Thanks Jack for posting the link! That pot looks impressive to me. I guess I am one of the K-Cup
snobs as that is what I have had for the past 3 years. I love my Keurig but there are times that I
like coffee that is not available in K-cups. This HB looks like it may be want I need to get.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline Jaxon

Re: If you're a coffee snob...DO NOT READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 06:56:58 PM »
Thanks Jack for posting the link! That pot looks impressive to me. I guess I am one of the K-Cup
snobs as that is what I have had for the past 3 years. I love my Keurig but there are times that I
like coffee that is not available in K-cups. This HB looks like it may be want I need to get.

I LIKE the K-cup idea, Mike...just never thought it would fit our needs.

Some folks just think that real coffee has to be ground fresh to a certain consistency and brewed with double-filtered spring water at a precise temperature, etc.
I could probably find them on a "coffee done right" forum - not here where it is "have it your way"
<><

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 07:13:48 PM »
I like my Keurig and Bunn, but I still like my Folgers in my K-cups, so I still fill my own. I use a Bunn for pots of coffee because we drink 2 pots in the morning. At the lake I use the Keurig with the timer and shut off.  Guess i'm not a coffee snob but the k-cups are about 50 cents a cup.  Pam   .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 07:17:14 PM »
Can you get New Orleans blend coffee & chicory in those K-cups?
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 07:35:00 PM »
Original Maxwell House by the pot before I quit drinking coffee a couple of years ago.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 08:00:43 PM »
I use a Keurig with reusable pods that I fill with various types of coffee from Peet's to Starbucks.

Nothing wrong with that unit from what I see Jaxon ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 08:04:41 PM »
Clever idea,thanks for the post
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2014, 08:56:37 PM »
I use a Keurig with reusable pods that I fill with various types of coffee from Peet's to Starbucks.

For some reason I thought a refillable pod was included...not.

I'll ease back to Bad Breath and Beyond a get one or two.  It ALSO uses the "soft pods" AND it has a 2 cup brew basket and filter that interchange with the K-cup adapter.

There are lots of times when we will brew 8 to 10 cups, but we have had so much coffee left over by noon that I thought this would be a good alternative and maybe keep us wasting so much java.
<><

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2014, 12:48:10 AM »
Looks like a versatile coffee maker Jaxon! Just me drinking coffee here and 2 to 3cups a day and use my Kuerig and Newmans Own coffee. I like hazelnut for a change. Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline Pam Gould

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2014, 01:31:53 AM »

For some reason I thought a refillable pod was included...not.

I'll ease back to Bad Breath and Beyond a get one or two.  It ALSO uses the "soft pods" AND it has a 2 cup brew basket and filter that interchange with the K-cup adapter.

There are lots of times when we will brew 8 to 10 cups, but we have had so much coffee left over by noon that I thought this would be a good alternative and maybe keep us wasting so much java.
Jaxon..I was on yugster.com and they had an offer for 6 k-cup refills for less than $6. plus shipping and was still less than one at BB&B.. I took them up on it and can make up a few in the morning at the lake. Rinse and repeat if I have to. That is less than 1 k-cup refill at Bed, Bath and Beyond. I love that store, but closest one it over an hour away.  Pam   .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline africanmeat

• Cape Town South Africa
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2014, 06:58:55 AM »
This is cool . i wander will  they have it in 220v ?
Ahron
cadac gas grill
GMG Daniel Boone
MES 30"
RF self made smoker
wood pizza oven
weber

Offline Hub

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2014, 08:11:29 AM »
We have a Cuisinart K-cup brewer that is still working despite daily usage for 3 years or so (small appliances generally die in a year or two for me).  My wife likes medium coffee and I like mine strong.  We've tried lots of different types and found the K-cups are often on sale at our favorite stores.  About the only bad news is that the "fill your own" (sold on TV and the Cuisinart self-fill device) adapters don't work because the Keurig patent requires that any such devices not use the pressurization feature of the machine -- makes anything you put in them come out very weak.

Hub
Committed Pellethead & BBQ Writer
KCBS MCBJ & CTC
Ph.B.
Memphis Advantage
NOS American-made Traeger 075
Weber Performer
NG Weber Spirit (warming oven)
PBC
NO SMOKE DETECTOR IN MY OUTDOOR KITCHEN

Offline Northshore

If you're a coffee snob...DO NOT READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2014, 08:18:56 AM »
Just me here so I have been using K Cups for about 3 years.  Used to waste a lot of coffee.  Now have fresh hot cup when I want.  Also makes great iced tea. 
So far I have found every brand I want EXCEPT New Orleans blend!!   For that I use the refillable. 
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Pam Gould

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2014, 08:24:14 AM »
We have a Cuisinart K-cup brewer that is still working despite daily usage for 3 years or so (small appliances generally die in a year or two for me).  My wife likes medium coffee and I like mine strong.  We've tried lots of different types and found the K-cups are often on sale at our favorite stores.  About the only bad news is that the "fill your own" (sold on TV and the Cuisinart self-fill device) adapters don't work because the Keurig patent requires that any such devices not use the pressurization feature of the machine -- makes anything you put in them come out very weak.

Hub
Hub..I must be a wimp when it comes to coffee..I find it way too strong. I haven't' tried the light roasts yet. My k-cup came with my Keurigs. I have one that has a rinse feature and a single brewer for several years now too. My stepson like his spoon to stand in his cup..ugh..and the guys at the gathering drink sludge..LOL..I drank some one morning and thought I was drinking espresso.  Well..they have a 22 cup maker so I can fix them up this year. Just like they like it. I think you should drink it like you like it. My Romanian grandma made coffee every morning and took the insides out of the pot and added cream and sugar and everyone drank it like that. I was a teenager before I knew what black coffee was.  No wonder I don't like strong coffee.  LOL  Pam  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron