Author Topic: If you're a coffee snob...DO NOT READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2698 times)

Offline GusRobin

• Test
Re: If you're a coffee snob...DO NOT READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2014, 07:01:42 PM »
Thanks Jack for posting the link! That pot looks impressive to me. I guess I am one of the K-Cup
snobs as that is what I have had for the past 3 years. I love my Keurig but there are times that I
like coffee that is not available in K-cups. This HB looks like it may be want I need to get.
You know they sell little adapters that you can use regular coffee in your Keurig. 
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2014, 07:41:24 PM »
Thanks Jack for posting the link! That pot looks impressive to me. I guess I am one of the K-Cup
snobs as that is what I have had for the past 3 years. I love my Keurig but there are times that I
like coffee that is not available in K-cups. This HB looks like it may be want I need to get.
You know they sell little adapters that you can use regular coffee in your Keurig.

I have several of the adapters but I am at times too lazy to fill and wash them!  8)
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2014, 09:31:50 PM »
I hope people don't misunderstand me again.

The K-cup thing is not a snob job...I am too cheap to buy one of REAL Keurigs.  I kept resisting  because I didn't want to part with the cash - now, a grill is different...I will spend money on grilling stuff

I simply posted about this particular coffee maker because I think it is neat to have a 12 cup coffeemaker  and a k-cup thingy in one unit -  especially at the $90 mark.

We used it to make our morning coffee and then I did a single cup this afternoon.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2014, 09:53:48 PM »
I hope people don't misunderstand me again.

The K-cup thing is not a snob job...I am too cheap to buy one of REAL Keurigs.  I kept resisting  because I didn't want to part with the cash - now, a grill is different...I will spend money on grilling stuff

I simply posted about this particular coffee maker because I think it is neat to have a 12 cup coffeemaker  and a k-cup thingy in one unit -  especially at the $90 mark.

We used it to make our morning coffee and then I did a single cup this afternoon.

No misunderstanding here Jack. I think the topic just got "expanded" to the Keurig models. Just sayin!!  ;)
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2014, 10:04:25 PM »
one of the $500 - $1000 espresso-pumpin', latte-frothin', whooptie-doosey machines.

i have a espresso-pumpin', latte-frothin', whooptie-doosey machines.  mine only cost $300.  i must have my espresso in the morning.  coffee just doesn't pack enough punch for me.  i did show the coffee maker / k-cup thing to my wife.  she just ordered one.  thanks for posting jaxon. 
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Northshore

If you're a coffee snob...DO NOT READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2014, 08:35:11 AM »
No misunderstanding here, also have my drip pot for those times when more than one cup is needed.
Your coffee maker combines both into a very nice combination.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2014, 12:54:47 PM »
We have a Cuisinart K-cup brewer that is still working despite daily usage for 3 years or so (small appliances generally die in a year or two for me).  My wife likes medium coffee and I like mine strong.  We've tried lots of different types and found the K-cups are often on sale at our favorite stores.  About the only bad news is that the "fill your own" (sold on TV and the Cuisinart self-fill device) adapters don't work because the Keurig patent requires that any such devices not use the pressurization feature of the machine -- makes anything you put in them come out very weak.

Hub
I bought this on the Keurig site and its works fine.
http://www.keurig.com/accessories/my-k-cup
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.