Author Topic: Best built-in pellet grill?  (Read 7270 times)

Offline zueth

Best built-in pellet grill?
« Reply #-1 on: April 12, 2021, 08:32:34 PM »
My buddy is building a outdoor cooking area and asking what is the best built-in pellet grill.
I immediately said Memphis and then I figured I should ask the pros.
What does everybody think is the best?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pmillen

• She's saying, "There's one over there."
Re: Best built-in pellet grill?
« on: April 13, 2021, 10:57:36 AM »
I'm not going to vote because I don't have broad enough experience, but I wonder about these issues...

Can't you just remove the legs from almost any unit and build it in?

Almost everything wears out or needs to be replaced for some reason.  The counter space will probably last longer than the pellet pit.  There doesn't seem to be a consistent footprint size from manufacturer to manufacturer.  So won't your friend possibly be faced with the problem of not finding a replacement unit that fits the allocated space?
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas

Offline rwalters

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 08:44:42 PM »
Memphis is now made in China. Seems to be more complaints from new owners re: quality and the price hasn’t gone down one bit since moving overseas. I wouldn’t touch a Memphis anymore. Just my opinion... lol.

What’s the budget? Could point to built in units as low as $1500 or as high as $8k+.
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline zueth

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 08:50:26 PM »
I would say 3-5k

Offline rwalters

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 10:34:24 PM »
I would say 3-5k

Personally, as much as I love the MAK lineup of grills, if built-in is a requirement, my choice would be the PG1000 pellet grill in that price range. It can be built in. If the budget were bigger, hands down I’d recommend the MAK 3 Star as a built in.
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline zueth

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 12:00:45 AM »
I would say 3-5k

Personally, as much as I love the MAK lineup of grills, if built-in is a requirement, my choice would be the PG1000 pellet grill in that price range. It can be built in. If the budget were bigger, hands down I’d recommend the MAK 3 Star as a built in.
Thanks