Author Topic: Smoked Chicken Creamy Lasagna  (Read 2275 times)

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
Smoked Chicken Creamy Lasagna
« Reply #-1 on: October 14, 2014, 10:16:13 PM »
Oct 14 2014

I had smoked a chicken Sunday for my supper and pulled most of the rest to use for tonight’s dish. I am still hampered by a bad leg and cannot stand at the stove long so I am limited to what I can cook. I found out yesterday from a MRI that I have a ruptured disc and a piece of it is against my sciatic nerve causing the pain. The meds I am taking are not giving me much relief. The Dr. called today and said they had me an appointment to see a neurosurgeon Nov. 17th I said I didn’t know if I could take the pain that long. I called the neurosurgeon today to see if I could get in any sooner. Hope to hear something tomorrow.

If you already have shredded chicken on hand this is about the easiest lasagna I ever made. Instead of tomato sauce this uses cream of chicken soup, onions, green peppers and milk or cream for the sauce. For my lasagna noodles I used ready to bake so didn’t have to boil any. The recipe was from Betty Crocker; it called for 2 cups shredded mozzarella and one cup shredded cheddar cheese. I used what I had on hand; 2 cups of 4 blend Mexican and 1 cup mozzarella. I was generous in my measuring.

I forgot to add some parmesan to the layers so I added some parmesan, Romano and Asiago to the top the last 20 minutes of cooking. I can see this would make good Tex-Mex by just adding some mild or hot green chilies, chili powder and cumin for Italian use Italian cheeses, oregano, basil and thyme. You could use some ground beef too instead of the chicken.

Following the recipe it comes out pretty mild but very tasty. I baked mine at 350 deg. for the 50 minutes and it was bubbly and getting brown on top. We had a small green salad and some toasted garlic bread. I had some Vidalia onion salad dressing, fresh ground pepper and some dried garlic flakes on my salad. This is a keeper recipe for something quick and easy. It should serve six easily.

Link to recipe http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/creamy-chicken-lasagna/7ae3bb5b-460f-42eb-b853-2e08350812f5

Smokin Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline aliengriller

Re: Smoked Chicken Creamy Lasagna
« on: October 14, 2014, 10:51:37 PM »
You can NEVER go wrong by adding more cheese AND green chili!    Gotta have it to survive!    Sounds very good.   Not a big fan of tomato sauces in any way, form or shape!   This sounds absolutely super and super easy!  Thanks

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 11:46:31 PM »
Another SD masterpiece, looks delicious.   ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 11:52:22 PM »
Great looking meal.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline pz

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 12:02:28 AM »
As always, looks great, Don!

Hope you get in to see the doc soon - a month out is a long time

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 06:23:13 AM »
Great looking meal Don! Thanks for the link!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 07:18:46 AM »
Don sorry to hear about your ruptured disc. Maybe they can give you a cortisone shot to hold you over until you see the neurosurgeon?

The lasagna looks great!
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline hikerman

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 07:26:29 AM »
Delicious looking meal Don!

Don we are hoping you get to the Doc soon and that there is a quick and easy remedy for your ruptured disc!!!!! Good thoughts and prayers for your speedy recovery buddy!

Offline Scallywag

• Ontario, Canada
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 07:54:18 AM »
Lets hope the doctors get you fixed up sooner than later Don, back pain is hard to deal with. In the meantime keep cooking awesome meals like that buddy!
Mak 2 star #855
XL BGE
18.5 WSM

Offline SmokinKat

• The Rounds Farm
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 01:04:54 PM »
Delicious looking meal Don!

Don we are hoping you get to the Doc soon and that there is a quick and easy remedy for your ruptured disc!!!!! Good thoughts and prayers for your speedy recovery buddy!

Amen to that!! 
MAK 2 Star #2639
MAK 1 Star # 819
Office/Sales associate at MAK Grills
http://theroundsfarm.blogspot.com/

Offline africanmeat

• Cape Town South Africa
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2014, 02:39:00 AM »
nice lasagna looks very creamy .
hope you will come right with the doctor .
Ahron
cadac gas grill
GMG Daniel Boone
MES 30"
RF self made smoker
wood pizza oven
weber