Author Topic: Mississippi Current cookbook  (Read 756 times)

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
Mississippi Current cookbook
« Reply #-1 on: December 19, 2014, 12:41:13 PM »
My wife’s cousin brought me a get well gift, a cookbook, Mississippi Current by Regina Charboneau. The recipes are from a culinary journey down America’s greatest river.

She starts out in Minnesota where the Mississippi starts and covers it in 3 parts, the upper, the middle and the lower. She includes many recipes created from what the immigrants along the river handed down and a few from the Indians of the upper part.

I have cooked a lot of different cuisine from parts of the US but this is a different category I think, recipes from the River People. For example there is one from Swedish immigrants of the upper part. Crawfish Boil a little different than the familiar Louisiana Style. They are simply boiled in salt and dill fronds garlic and red pepper flakes. Most all the recipes are ones I would like to try and there are nice photos to show what most dishes are supposed to look like.

If you like cookbooks then I would recommend this one. I am glad I got it for a gift. Smokin Don

http://www.amazon.com/Mississippi-Current-Cookbook-Culinary-Americas/dp/0762793740/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1419010585&sr=1-1&keywords=mississippi+current+cookbook&pebp=1419010292636

Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
Re: Mississippi Current cookbook
« on: December 19, 2014, 01:12:01 PM »
Looks like an interesting cookbook.  ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)