Author Topic: Knife Sharpening  (Read 58448 times)

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Knife Sharpening
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2015, 03:02:07 AM »
Ordered and just received the KO Work Sharp - who would of thunk you'd need a tool to remove it from the cardboard base. I haven't seen this much packaging in a very long time. While it is very well protected, I think my PBC used less cardboard and was not only as well or better protected, but so much easier to unpack. Heck, my last laptop came in less packaging! Seriously, you need a pliers or adjustable end wrench to remove this from the cardboard backing - there are two screws and nuts locking the unit to the cardboard they are NOT able to be loosened by hand... And that is after taking off the other layers of packaging and the cardboard "quick start" to get to the DVD and real instructions... seriously? so, maybe tomorrow...
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2015, 09:11:03 AM »
David, Bet they don't have any returns because of "damaged in shipping".  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2015, 11:41:44 AM »
Dee, I am sure you are right!

BTW - not only is the packaging industrial strength - this seems to be an incredibly solid and well built tool - I am impressed! Plan to spend the weekend playing with my knives...  :) :) :)
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Pappymn

Knife Sharpening
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2015, 05:27:57 PM »

Dee, I am sure you are right!

BTW - not only is the packaging industrial strength - this seems to be an incredibly solid and well built tool - I am impressed! Plan to spend the weekend playing with my knives...  :) :) :)

I believe I have the same one. It does serrated knives too
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109