Author Topic: SRG, no gas flow?  (Read 720 times)

Offline jmy2469

SRG, no gas flow?
« Reply #-1 on: June 14, 2015, 03:49:20 PM »
I own a SRG,never had any problems with it.My sister was telling me that she was having a problem with hers. Propane tank is new, she has no gas flow at all. I went to her house yesterday to look at it. Thinking she may have tripped the excess flow valve,so tried a few times to get this resolved, still nothing. I ordered a new regulator assembly,should be here this week. Hopefully this will fix it. I was looking, the SRG pretty much needs to be disassembled to install this, right? Thanks for the info. John

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Re: SRG, no gas flow?
« on: June 14, 2015, 04:43:24 PM »
Verify the propane tank is not overfilled. The liquid inside the tank will cause no gas flow if over filled.

Open the bleed screw in a safe area with no sources of ignition. Make sure that no liquids are visible when the bleed screw is open.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 09:57:47 PM »
  I have had two regs fail on my SRG. And serveral others on other equipment over the years.
 So if Muebe is correct just hang on to the extra. You may need it in a crunch one day....
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 02:20:53 PM »
 Any results yet? 
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline jmy2469

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 04:21:11 PM »
I do not get on here that much, sorry for the late reply. It was the regulator. I order a new one, works fine now.