Author Topic: First Tri-Tip on Charcoal  (Read 2764 times)

Offline TwoPockets

Re: First Tri-Tip on Charcoal
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 05:35:27 PM »
I have got to try me a tri-tip. Question, can it be edible if you took part of it to medium well or well done? The wife doen'st do pink.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline Pappymn

First Tri-Tip on Charcoal
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012, 05:41:46 PM »
I have got to try me a tri-tip. Question, can it be edible if you took part of it to medium well or well done? The wife doen'st do pink.

Now you are talking about the Trisket. An alternate universe created by Muebe and also peddled by Smoke. They make theirs with unicorn meat and fairy dust. ;)

IMO you either go medium rare to medium, or you go Trisket. Don't think a medium well not cooked Trisket style would come out with much moisture.
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 05:53:05 PM »

Now you are talking about the Trisket. An alternate universe created by Muebe and also peddled by Smoke. They make theirs with unicorn meat and fairy dust. ;)

IMO you either go medium rare to medium, or you go Trisket. Don't think a medium well not cooked Trisket style would come out with much moisture.

I could probably slip a medium past her if I only cut her the end pieces. I lean toward rare to medium rare on beef but she has finally gone from well done to medium well and I can slip a medium rare steak in and she eats them.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 07:04:46 PM »
The narrow ends tend to cook more than the rest of the roast 2-Pockets..let your misses have those pcs and do not underestimate the Trisket.....it is real good!!!!!  Tell him Muebe...........
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32