Author Topic: Pork belly on the MAK...with PICS  (Read 1717 times)

Offline Lantern

Re: Pork belly on the MAK...with PICS
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2018, 06:28:49 PM »
Thanks for all the kind replies!!!

I've run into what I expected with the pellet grill and that is that my favorite pellets(A-Maze-N) make quite a difference in the food cooked. I use pitmasters choice, pecan and apple for different meats.

Has anyone else tried both A=maze-n and cooking pellets or others for comparison. I DID NOT like the Bear Mountain Hickory that came with the MAK, but I was very appreciative to have them thrown in for the burn-in process.
Interested in checking out the pellets you are using. Link?

https://www.amazenproducts.com/    They also sell smoke tubes and mazes to add even more flavor. The key is to buy at least 40lbs to get the best price although it is NOT a cheap price. They send a 10% off coupon with their shipments.

Offline Lantern

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2018, 06:37:49 PM »
I wonder who makes A-MAZE-N pellets? Last year when I looked on Lumberjacks dealer page they had A-MAZE-N listed so I assumed they were using Lumberjack pellets. But I just looked again and they are no longer listed as a dealer, but maybe it's like Cabelas does?

I think you may be onto something here. Their pitmaster blend is the same. And at 33-39 bucks for 40lbs I may give them a whirl. That's 5-10 bucks cheaper per 40. If the flavor is there then I'll be a convert. Oh dang......just saw they have these at our new Rural king. 8.99/ 20lb bag. Umm......yeah if they taste the same as Amazen I'm EXTREMELY happy.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 06:59:45 PM by Lantern »

Offline skidog

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2018, 08:52:22 PM »
You can also check craigs list for pellets. That's where I get my Lumberjacks 16 bucks per 40#
1985 Weber Genesis
SRG
Cook-Air
BS 28in griddle
Kingsford 22in charcoal grill
Anova
Cuisinart griddler
IP 6qt
GMG DC