Author Topic: Reverse seared chili-dogs... (lol)  (Read 2604 times)

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
Re: Reverse seared chili-dogs... (lol)
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2018, 05:06:52 PM »
Those are some serious lookin' dogs!!

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline bamabob

• Way Down South in Alabama
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2018, 05:45:14 PM »
Now I'm really really hungry.  Great dawgs
Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline Michigan0626

• Live Free Or Die
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2018, 11:35:10 AM »
Looks good.

I just did something like this yesterday. I made dogs and tots before my kids baseball practice. So I didn't have time to get the grill going. So I had this crazy idea to bake the hotdogs in the toaster oven while the tater tots where cooking. This allowed me to do other things and not baby sit them. So I had it set at 250 for about 20 minutes. My kid hates any bit of char marks (grill or pan) and this solves my problem perfectly. It also allowed it to char up faster in the pan when making mine and the wife's. Made up 4 chili dogs, put them in an 8x8 pan, and baked that for an extra 2 minutes. Warmed and toasted the buns perfectly.
MAK 2 Star General #2804
Camp Chef Flat Top Grill
Cook-Air Little Red Corvette
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Classic Weber Kettle
Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-less Turkey Fryer

Offline rwalters

Reverse seared chili-dogs... (lol)
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2018, 11:50:13 AM »
Looks good.

I just did something like this yesterday. I made dogs and tots before my kids baseball practice. So I didn't have time to get the grill going. So I had this crazy idea to bake the hotdogs in the toaster oven while the tater tots where cooking. This allowed me to do other things and not baby sit them. So I had it set at 250 for about 20 minutes. My kid hates any bit of char marks (grill or pan) and this solves my problem perfectly. It also allowed it to char up faster in the pan when making mine and the wife's. Made up 4 chili dogs, put them in an 8x8 pan, and baked that for an extra 2 minutes. Warmed and toasted the buns perfectly.
Sounds good to me! But you forgot one thing... pics :(
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline Michigan0626

• Live Free Or Die
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2018, 12:06:01 PM »
Looks good.

Didn't use a grill and thought the action shots would suck. Plus I was busy.
MAK 2 Star General #2804
Camp Chef Flat Top Grill
Classic Weber Kettle

Offline rwalters

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2018, 01:44:30 PM »
Looks good.

Didn't use a grill and thought the action shots would suck. Plus I was busy.

Just messing with you... lol.  Yeah, you're right, hot-dogs in a toaster ain't to exciting ;)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

Offline Michigan0626

• Live Free Or Die
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2018, 05:55:40 PM »
 :D it was a toaster oven. They do make a hot dog toaster however. Cooks up 2 dogs and 2 buns.

MAK 2 Star General #2804
Camp Chef Flat Top Grill
Classic Weber Kettle

Offline rwalters

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2018, 05:56:45 PM »
:D it was a toaster oven. They do make a hot dog toaster however. Cooks up 2 dogs and 2 buns.

How cool is that... retro and all :)