Author Topic: Best Stainless Cleaner  (Read 2681 times)

Offline rwalters

Best Stainless Cleaner
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2018, 12:55:56 PM »
Here’s what I use:

The SD 20 after every cook (takes maybe 3 mins to spray and wipe down). I usually spray and wipe when the cooker is still slightly warm.

The Mr. Muscle as needed on the heavier stuff that builds up on the rear of the dome lid.

This thread convinced me I needed to go spend some money. Drove into the big city yesterday to a janitorial supply dealer. Bought a can of the SD-20 for under $6.00 a can. I didn't clean the grill after using it last night so went out this morning. All tough the grill was cold this SD-20 did a good job but didn't get it all. I turned the grill on for a while until the surface was good and warm. Turn off the grill and let it cool to warm to the touch and cleaned again. I have to admit the results almost shocked me. Once the spray hit the warm surface crud started flowing off. I've not had that much luck using recommended products but in this case you hit a home run with me. Thanks for the tips. The warm surface is the difference.

I always use a damp microfiber towel when wiping down the stainless and I always go over it one more time after rinsing and ringing the towel really good.  The 2 Star is actually quite easy to keep clean with the right cleaners and a few minutes of time after each cook.
Glad it worked for you!! Now getcha some Mr. Muscle and be prepared to see those pesky stains that SD-20 can’t quite remove, just melt :)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline Gtsum2

Best Stainless Cleaner
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2018, 08:25:54 PM »
My amazon order of both arrived today so I’ll be trying it out one of these days. Sounds like a warm surface is the ticket. Thanks!

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline rwalters

Best Stainless Cleaner
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2018, 09:30:49 PM »
My amazon order of both arrived today so I’ll be trying it out one of these days. Sounds like a warm surface is the ticket. Thanks!

Memphis Elite

Yep, warm is the ticket :)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

Offline Dave R.

Re: Best Stainless Cleaner
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2018, 07:56:36 AM »
Mr. Muscle arrived yesterday and the Shiela Shine should arrive tomorrow. Sure wish I had a camera when my wife saw the Mr. Muscle arrive. "What, I thought you got some cleaner already?" A little eye tension when I said and I'm not done yet. I used the SD-20 to clean the dishwasher and two SS trash cans. All is well in the abode now.
MAK #3591

Offline rwalters

Best Stainless Cleaner
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2018, 08:24:30 AM »
Mr. Muscle arrived yesterday and the Shiela Shine should arrive tomorrow. Sure wish I had a camera when my wife saw the Mr. Muscle arrive. "What, I thought you got some cleaner already?" A little eye tension when I said and I'm not done yet. I used the SD-20 to clean the dishwasher and two SS trash cans. All is well in the abode now.
LOL!

Offline Gtsum2

Best Stainless Cleaner
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2018, 07:32:29 PM »
Used the sd20 for the first time today...wow...effortless cleaning. Thanks for the tip and info. Really good stuff!

Memphis Elite

Offline rwalters

Best Stainless Cleaner
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2018, 08:56:36 PM »
Used the sd20 for the first time today...wow...effortless cleaning. Thanks for the tip and info. Really good stuff!

Memphis Elite

Glad it worked well for you... I find the SD-20 to be a great all-purpose degreaser... and still aggressive enough to make light work of the tougher cleaning jobs. And what it doesn’t do, it’s Mr. Muscle to the rescue :)

Offline KJRsmoker

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2018, 10:25:27 AM »
Here’s what I use:

The SD 20 after every cook (takes maybe 3 mins to spray and wipe down). I usually spray and wipe when the cooker is still slightly warm.

The Mr. Muscle as needed on the heavier stuff that builds up on the rear of the dome lid.

I always use a damp microfiber towel when wiping down the stainless and I always go over it one more time after rinsing and ringing the towel really good.  The 2 Star is actually quite easy to keep clean with the right cleaners and a few minutes of time after each cook.

I just ordered a case of SD-20 from Amazon.  The weather is starting to warm up so I plan on thoroughly cleaning my 2 Star this weekend.  I'm going to hopefully warm it up in the sun and then apply this stuff.  I hope it works as advertised.
2016 MAK 2 Star 2817 ~ Remote Boss
Blackstone Griddle 28"
Gas Grill

Offline rwalters

Best Stainless Cleaner
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2018, 10:54:56 AM »
Here’s what I use:

I just ordered a case of SD-20 from Amazon.  The weather is starting to warm up so I plan on thoroughly cleaning my 2 Star this weekend.  I'm going to hopefully warm it up in the sun and then apply this stuff.  I hope it works as advertised.
You will not be disappointed! With that said, I would strongly encourage you to order one can of Mr. Muscle. As good as the SD-20 works for everyday cleaning, the Mr. Muscle is needed for the SUPER stubborn smoke stains. Between the two cleaners, you will have your bases covered. I use the SD-20 for 98% of my MAK cleaning... but I would not want to be without the “Muscle”... :)

Offline KJRsmoker

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2018, 11:10:54 AM »
If I can't get the smoke stains off with the SD-20, I will definitely bring in the Muscle.
2016 MAK 2 Star 2817 ~ Remote Boss
Blackstone Griddle 28"
Gas Grill

Offline Harriska2

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2018, 04:21:24 PM »
Just ordered both.  I also have an overpriced steam cleaner for my tile floors that I’ll try later to do the inside. I have the shiela shine but rarely use it.  I’ve been using clear Advantage on my SS oven, fridge, and cooktop.  It didn’t touch some drip stains on the outside of the MAK 2.  Bartender’s Friend didn't touch it either.

Offline FinsnFeathers

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2018, 05:25:01 PM »
If I can't get the smoke stains off with the SD-20, I will definitely bring in the Muscle.

Me either....but I do get a lot of smearing with it.....
MAK 2 Star General #3579

Offline Harriska2

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2018, 04:20:00 PM »
The Mr Muscle is crazy good.  Been trying to remove drip stains on the outside.  That spray just melts it off.

Offline rwalters

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2018, 04:25:27 PM »
The Mr Muscle is crazy good.  Been trying to remove drip stains on the outside.  That spray just melts it off.
Yes sir!  For the tough (and I mean TOUGH) stains, I haven't found anything better than Mr. Muscle.  I also like how it foams up and doesn't drip down onto the powder coated finish.

Offline Harriska2

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2018, 08:21:55 AM »
Man, you guys are the best.  Didn’t know when I bought the grill I’d get the smartest, nicest people giving hints, tips, and tricks along the way!