Author Topic: "While The Wife Is Away" Ribs - Now With More Pictures!  (Read 1624 times)

Offline Tailgating is my game

Re: "While The Wife Is Away" Ribs - Now With More Pictures!
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2018, 01:46:58 PM »
Great lookin' ribs!

Seems like the pelletizer you have, though it isn't high priced, serves you well. Would you recommend it for someone on a budget?

Thanks Jack! Here's my take on this pellet grill. Budget being a non factor, I say this grill works fantastic. Not to insult anyone (implied or perceived) I think it cooks as good as any other pellet grill, I think that it's a well built grill that is affordable. Will it last 30 years? Probably not, but for the price it sells at, I can buy MANY replacements in that time frame and still come out ahead versus buying a high end pellet grill. An example I can give, I used to think that there was nothing better than my Keg but I was wrong. BGE users think their kamado is the best, as do KJ users, it's natural but I was flawed in my logic. An Akorn can and does cook food just as good as my Keg and a BGE or KJ or Primo, etc....I always thought "Well, my Keg sells for $900.00 and the Akorn for $300.00, there's no way it's as good. It cooks food identical to other Kamados. Will it last as long? Probably not, depending on care and maintenance it'll last a good while. When it wears out, get another or don't get one at all! So.....having learned not to be an elitist or a grill shamer, I say buy what you like and are willing to spend on it and be happy. I am very happy with the Pit Boss line of products as I have been with my Traeger (whom everyone copied to begin with, lol).

That was the long answer, sorry! Had you left out the "budget" part I probably just would've said "Yes!" :P

That is the unit i would have gone with for $150.00 this past winter. I buy value because of many of the same reasons as jason said.  I had a Genesis grill once & it was not as good as other value grills i bought later or before.  So we all have reasons that we feel are important to us.

I am keeping the outdoor manager as my friend at walmart & if he is there next year I will try to get the same deal I missed on this year next winter.

In the mean time I need to raise my game from the value cook to a good one this year LOL I am the weak link not my grills

Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill