Author Topic: I blame smokeasaurus... again  (Read 2900 times)

Offline rwalters

I blame smokeasaurus... again
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2018, 11:39:45 AM »
Congrats. And yeah the Smoke has cost me a lot of money too
Maybe you should consider a class-action lawsuit. Although I haven’t been around long enough for him to have cost me much...I’d be game for a lil class action fun... ;)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline Tailgating is my game

Re: I blame smokeasaurus... again
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2018, 01:38:43 PM »
I think if I am ever invited to one of our gatherings, I am gonna have to think it over..............could be a set up!!!  :)

First off, welcome from Central Texas.

Congrats on your new MAK. You have no idea what you are in store for. I too was intrigued with the Timberline by Traeger. It looked to me like they finally decided to take their crown back.

But, sadly they failed with this offering. The reviews from owners tell the story.

Sure glad you liked the Camp Chef. At the time when it first came out, it was the most feature packed grill on the market. While Camp Chef has made additions to their grill, they have not kicked up the quality.

Speaking of quality, wait until you open up that beautiful crate they have sent you. The MAK will make that Timberline look and feel like a childs toy.

Now if you need any rubs or seasonings help, jut let me know. I do peddle advice on those also!!  :)

I would like to thank you again for trusting my reviews. I do call it like I see it. I am glad the MAK review convinced you to buy the best.

Just make sure you have some help when assembling that beast. Everything is very heavy duty. Not overkill like the Yoder. Heavy duty done right :)

I never trusted Smoke & his reviews until I went to my local post office one day & saw his picture on the wall......Now I know he is my kind of guy ;) ;) ;)
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline the wookiee...

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2018, 02:34:01 PM »
Thanks to all for the kind words!!! I am always impressed by the fellowship of deviants overtaken with the process and pleasures of cooking outside of the kitchen box...

And to my neighbor in Redmond WA- I’m an excellent taste tester of fine cooked flesh, should you ever need one...   ;D I get over that way for my favorite bowling alley not infrequently (Tec city- consistently well kept lanes).

The real litmus test is this- will I cook one of my precious wagyu briskets (got a local dealer here that has come to know me too well) on the mak rather than the offset after I settle in with it, put it thru the paces and know it’s tendencies... but some goals are so worthy its glorious even to fail! I have a suspicion the Mak will be up to the challenge.

Smoochy the stuffed frog strikes again!!!

« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 02:46:02 PM by the wookiee... »
LSG 24x30 offset vertical with warmer/ Mak 1 Star with flame zone/ Weber JJ/ Napoleon Gemini dual hood gasser & infrared (wall2wall grillgrates)/ umai+foodsaver=dry age...

Offline rwalters

I blame smokeasaurus... again
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2018, 02:59:03 PM »
Thanks to all for the kind words!!! I am always impressed by the fellowship of deviants overtaken with the process and pleasures of cooking outside of the kitchen box...

And to my neighbor in Redmond WA- I’m an excellent taste tester of fine cooked flesh, should you ever need one...   ;D I get over that way for my favorite bowling alley not infrequently (Tec city- consistently well kept lanes).

The real litmus test is this- will I cook one of my precious wagyu briskets (got a local dealer here that has come to know me too well) on the mak rather than the offset after I settle in with it, put it thru the paces and know it’s tendencies... but some goals are so worthy its glorious even to fail! I have a suspicion the Mak will be up to the challenge.

Smoochy the stuffed frog strikes again!!!
Love this reply... lol. Sure wish there was a “like” button!
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

Offline the wookiee...

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2018, 03:17:01 PM »
#hashbrown#BBQdeviants... take that quacker, myface, spacebook & instapound!!!
LSG 24x30 offset vertical with warmer/ Mak 1 Star with flame zone/ Weber JJ/ Napoleon Gemini dual hood gasser & infrared (wall2wall grillgrates)/ umai+foodsaver=dry age...

Offline KJRsmoker

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2018, 03:26:25 PM »
Welcome from Illinois from another extremely satisfied MAK owner.
2016 MAK 2 Star 2817 ~ Remote Boss
Blackstone Griddle 28"
Gas Grill

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2018, 03:42:56 PM »
Congrats!  Did you get the FlameZone?
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline the wookiee...

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2018, 03:49:21 PM »

YesYesYes!!! Your detailed review was far too compelling to pass up!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 04:00:47 PM by the wookiee... »

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2018, 04:12:33 PM »

YesYesYes!!! Your detailed review was far too compelling to pass up!

Cool!   You are going to love, love, LOVE it!   :thumbup:  8)

<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2018, 04:56:57 PM »
Congrats on the MAK and welcome from Manitoba, Canada ;D
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline Lantern

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2018, 01:17:59 PM »
Awesome! Soon you'll be kicking out food left and right outta the 1 star. I'm happy as a pig in slop with mine. Here's a couple pics of some stuff I've made.

Offline rwalters

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2018, 01:33:26 PM »
Awesome! Soon you'll be kicking out food left and right outta the 1 star. I'm happy as a pig in slop with mine. Here's a couple pics of some stuff I've made.

Those pics!!!!!!!  :o

THOSE STEAKS!!!!!!!!!  ;D :o ;D :o  Please share a bit more detail about the steaks... man, they look good!!

Offline Lantern

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2018, 02:02:28 PM »
They were reverse seared using the MAK and cherry pellets at 275 and Oakridge Santa Maria rub until they hit about 90-100. Then they were moved to the blackstone to sear. I like a total sear over grill marks.

A note about my blackstone. I replaced the regulator with a 0-10lb adjustable regulator so I can get it REALLY hot. The one that comes on the blackstone is 5lb I think(my original was faulty). So I can go with a tiny flame to jet engine hot if I like. So that helps with the searing power.

Also, the "just turn it once" thing is crazy talk if you like a real nice looking crust or sear. Nobody asked me....but I said it anyway. LOL!

Offline rwalters

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2018, 03:34:13 PM »
They were reverse seared using the MAK and cherry pellets at 275 and Oakridge Santa Maria rub until they hit about 90-100. Then they were moved to the blackstone to sear. I like a total sear over grill marks.

A note about my blackstone. I replaced the regulator with a 0-10lb adjustable regulator so I can get it REALLY hot. The one that comes on the blackstone is 5lb I think(my original was faulty). So I can go with a tiny flame to jet engine hot if I like. So that helps with the searing power.

Also, the "just turn it once" thing is crazy talk if you like a real nice looking crust or sear. Nobody asked me....but I said it anyway. LOL!
Very cool!  I have a 36 and 17 inch Blackstone... which do you have?  Which model is your "searing station" with the new regulator?  Any chance you can send me a link to the exact 0-10lb adjustable regulator that you went with?

Offline Lantern

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2018, 04:18:27 PM »
I have the 36. Although, the little one is very intriguing to me to be able to take along on trips.

And here's the regulator.  http://a.co/dFBT0Zl