Author Topic: I blame smokeasaurus... again  (Read 2897 times)

Offline rwalters

Re: I blame smokeasaurus... again
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2018, 04:26:54 PM »
I have the 36. Although, the little one is very intriguing to me to be able to take along on trips.

And here's the regulator.  http://a.co/dFBT0Zl

Thanks buddy!  As far as a small portable griddle, I love the 17" model.  I actually have it sitting on a small stainless table right next to my MAK... makes for a great searing station.  I also have it hooked to a 20lb propane tank which seems to last forever :)

Here's the table I have (griddle on top shelf, 20lb propane tank on bottom):
https://www.costco.com/TRINITY-EcoStorage-Stainless-Steel-Table---24%22-x-24%22-x-35%E2%80%9D---NSF.product.100036154.html

Here's the conversion hose:
https://www.amazon.com/Converter-Replacement-Connects-Portable-Appliance/dp/B06Y5XFF6F/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_468_bs_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=P766A50YA13ASJ04FQ73

It's a pretty cool searing station, and actually has a really clean look to it.

MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline Lantern

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2018, 04:43:11 PM »
I like that a lot! Thanks!

Offline the wookiee...

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2018, 05:39:52 PM »
flame zone arrived...

shut the front door holy sausage & biscuits it surely appears i am in for a treat if the rest of the grill is anywhere near of similar quality. impressive impressive impressive craftsmanship.

the 1Star arrives tomorrow. picked up a couple fatty's (a bob evans maple and a spicy) to christen it with today... i always christen new cookers with a naked fatty.

can't wait. strongly dislike having to...

thanks to all!
LSG 24x30 offset vertical with warmer/ Mak 1 Star with flame zone/ Weber JJ/ Napoleon Gemini dual hood gasser & infrared (wall2wall grillgrates)/ umai+foodsaver=dry age...

Offline rwalters

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2018, 05:42:50 PM »
flame zone arrived...

shut the front door holy sausage & biscuits it surely appears i am in for a treat if the rest of the grill is anywhere near of similar quality. impressive impressive impressive craftsmanship.

the 1Star arrives tomorrow. picked up a couple fatty's (a bob evans maple and a spicy) to christen it with today... i always christen new cookers with a naked fatty.

can't wait. strongly dislike having to...

Super excited for you!  Honestly, I am pretty darn convinced that you cannot wear out a MAK... they are built that good! :)

thanks to all!
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline the wookiee...

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2018, 07:03:16 PM »
Been eyeing a black stone for some time; got 1 griddle for the 1 Star and use the little griddle stainless thing on the gasser... they work great so have avoided the black stone lest I agitate the household.  Small one is 12x16, big one 25x16. Run one on each head of the Napoleon Gemini and can roll at 2 temps when doing large cooks. Looking forward to seeing the mak griddle in action and whether it’s worth a 2nd one...
LSG 24x30 offset vertical with warmer/ Mak 1 Star with flame zone/ Weber JJ/ Napoleon Gemini dual hood gasser & infrared (wall2wall grillgrates)/ umai+foodsaver=dry age...

Offline Michigan0626

• Live Free Or Die
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2018, 07:10:48 AM »
When I was looking into getting a griddle, I ended up going with Camp Chef. 1, reviews mentioned that the Blackstone has an inferior grease collection system. 2, it has a build in grill. There is a video review of both side by side. 

Even though I got the Camp Chef, I enjoy watching all of Todd Toven's Blackstone videos on YouTube.
MAK 2 Star General #2804
Camp Chef Flat Top Grill
Cook-Air Little Red Corvette
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Classic Weber Kettle
Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-less Turkey Fryer

Offline MadFoodScientist

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2018, 11:28:43 AM »
Congratulations!  As another new Mak owner- I can tell you that you are in for a treat.
Mak 2 Star General
Big Steel Keg
Louisiana Grill CS-540

Offline Lantern

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2018, 11:35:14 AM »
When I was looking into getting a griddle, I ended up going with Camp Chef. 1, reviews mentioned that the Blackstone has an inferior grease collection system. 2, it has a build in grill. There is a video review of both side by side. 

Even though I got the Camp Chef, I enjoy watching all of Todd Toven's Blackstone videos on YouTube.

If I didn't get the deal I got on my 36 I would have went with Camp Chef on the ignition system alone. You got a good griddle.

Offline Michigan0626

• Live Free Or Die
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2018, 01:47:32 PM »

If I didn't get the deal I got on my 36 I would have went with Camp Chef on the ignition system alone. You got a good griddle.

Cant pass up deals. When I got it, it was on sale at Field & Stream online. Plus if you signed up for emails, they gave you a 10% discount. Made it like 50 bucks more than the Blackstone. Couldn't pass it up.
MAK 2 Star General #2804
Camp Chef Flat Top Grill
Cook-Air Little Red Corvette
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Classic Weber Kettle
Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-less Turkey Fryer

Offline Pappymn

I blame smokeasaurus... again
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2018, 07:04:02 PM »
I have a Blackstone and it is great. But the grease solution is just stupid.  They also have fantastic customer service.
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109