Author Topic: Putting the 1 Star c flame zone thru it’s paces...  (Read 2246 times)

Offline Michigan0626

• Live Free Or Die
Re: Putting the 1 Star c flame zone thru it’s paces...
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2018, 07:08:04 AM »
Wookieee---yee haw! That brisket is a beauty! Job well done! How would you compare the Waygu with Choice or Prime briskets?

Wagyu is really a specialspecial. Notably more yumiferous. Prime vs choice can vary depending on marbling (grade on those is based on single evaluation of different cut... ribeye if I remember but not sure- so sometimes a choice brisket actually tastes better than a prime due to this). In general I’ll grab Costco prime but only after fondling and inspecting, but sometimes i’ll grab the choice if it’s well marbled and feels right. In general I also let prime and choice wet age in cryo a few weeks if I can as well; helps with tenderness in my experience.

So, if you buy a cryo brisket from Walmart/Hannaford/Shaws; how long can you let it age for? Is there a packaged Julian date you can go off of? Or just go several weeks from the day you buy it.
MAK 2 Star General #2804
Camp Chef Flat Top Grill
Cook-Air Little Red Corvette
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Classic Weber Kettle
Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-less Turkey Fryer

Offline the wookiee...

Re: Putting the 1 Star c flame zone thru it’s paces...
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2018, 12:40:03 PM »
I get mine from Costco usually and doesn’t have an original packaging by date... they due have ‘use by’ date but that’s pretty much useless... SO I end up going 1-3 was usually; did 4 was once and that was 3 after use by date. (As long as cryo seal is good/not leaking)
LSG 24x30 offset vertical with warmer/ Mak 1 Star with flame zone/ Weber JJ/ Napoleon Gemini dual hood gasser & infrared (wall2wall grillgrates)/ umai+foodsaver=dry age...