Author Topic: Inside shelf for MAK 2 Star cabinet  (Read 1079 times)

Offline sschorr

• San Clemente, CA
Inside shelf for MAK 2 Star cabinet
« Reply #-1 on: June 10, 2018, 05:35:50 PM »
I was wondering if anyone has come up with a middle shelf idea for inside the cart cabinet. Something that could easily hold a grate or 2 and/or the FZ covers? I don't want to drill holes in the sides for mounting, so some kind insert is what I'm thinking about.
Sam
MAK 2 Star #3634
Weber Summit E450
Blackstone 17" portable griddle

Offline rwalters

Inside shelf for MAK 2 Star cabinet
« on: June 10, 2018, 06:44:14 PM »
Great question! I’ll be watching this thread... :)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline fryfour

Re: Inside shelf for MAK 2 Star cabinet
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 03:57:47 PM »
ill be watching also

Offline Dave R.

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 07:41:04 AM »
Maybe give MAK a call and ask them to build you one. May cost a little more but you know it would be done perfectly.
MAK #3591

Offline sschorr

• San Clemente, CA
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 05:28:40 PM »
OK MAK Daddy!  What do you say?  Would MAK be interested in coming up with a middle shelf idea for the cart?  Since the grease drawer cuts into the upper right area, my thought was a shelf high enough to allow putting the sear grate(s) and/or upper grate(s) and/or the FZ covers on the bottom.  That's about 8'-9" clearance on the bottom to make it easy to slide in and out.  Then the shelf which would allow a container or two, paper towels, nitrile gloves, high temp gloves, etc - you get the idea.  Game?
Sam
MAK 2 Star #3634
Weber Summit E450

Offline rwalters

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 05:53:02 PM »
OK MAK Daddy!  What do you say?  Would MAK be interested in coming up with a middle shelf idea for the cart?  Since the grease drawer cuts into the upper right area, my thought was a shelf high enough to allow putting the sear grate(s) and/or upper grate(s) and/or the FZ covers on the bottom.  That's about 8'-9" clearance on the bottom to make it easy to slide in and out.  Then the shelf which would allow a container or two, paper towels, nitrile gloves, high temp gloves, etc - you get the idea.  Game?

I just emailed Bob the link to this thread asking if he could swing by and help us out... :)

I would love something like this!!!!!!!
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

Offline MAK Daddy

• Superior Wood Pellet BBQ Smoker-Grills
    • MAK Grills
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 05:57:20 PM »

Great idea! I will work on it but you have to be patient, the wheels of innovation take time around here with all the grills we are making :)
send us an email so I can work with you on testing when the time comes. support@makgrills.com

Offline rwalters

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 06:02:37 PM »
Sweet!!!!!

Offline sschorr

• San Clemente, CA
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 06:58:24 PM »

Great idea! I will work on it but you have to be patient, the wheels of innovation take time around here with all the grills we are making :)
send us an email so I can work with you on testing when the time comes. support@makgrills.com

Outstanding!!  Just sent the email to the support email addy.  Of course, patience is not one of my virtues, but I hear ya, and will help however/whenever this happens.

Sam
Sam
MAK 2 Star #3634
Weber Summit E450

Offline sschorr

• San Clemente, CA
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2018, 05:07:19 PM »
Just a quick update:  I tried to cobble together a simple wood shelf with legs.  That's pretty easy, BUT...with the shelf in place, and almost no matter how low or high I make the shelf legs, none of the grates will fit in.  Why?  Simple - the cabinet opening is 19.5" at the cabinet door.  The grates (grill, main or upper) are just over 21".  That means you have to angle the grates enough to clear the cabinet door opening.  With a shelf in place, no can do, at least as far as my limited imagination and "engineering" skills can solve.  So, my hokey little shelf is OK to allow more stuff to be put down there without stacking boxes or whatever, but won't allow the grates.  The FZ covers will fit with a shelf in there, so there is still a good need for something that is more stable than what I did (1"x12"x"23" on 4 10"x2"x2" "legs").  My "legs" are loose - I need to cut the shelf down to less than 19.5" to have legs that are attached to fit through the cabinet opening.  Of course, then the legs reduce storage space below the shelf even more. 

I await the masters at MAK! 
Sam
MAK 2 Star #3634
Weber Summit E450