Author Topic: Putting A Silly Rumor To Rest  (Read 1052 times)

Offline mrbbq

• MAK GRILLS
Putting A Silly Rumor To Rest
« Reply #-1 on: July 11, 2018, 01:54:31 PM »
Since I've announced my retirement, there's been some murmuring about there must be something going on at MAK for Bruce to leave. Here's the deal; I have a variety of chronic health issues. I am 64 years old. I don't know how much sand I have left in my hourglass. So...while I can, I am going to retire and go on adventures, etc. WHILE I CAN! It is my decision to retire. No one is forcing me out. I want to go out and have some fun now.

MAK is not going anywhere. They are in fine shape financially. Just ole Bruce won't be there. That's all. The innovation, the quality, etc. will still be part of MAK. So if someone you are talking with brings up the rumor. You can QUOTE ME...they are full of crap. Period.

I have worked all my life, from grade school on. Its time to stop and smell the smoke every day. And believe me, I am going to do that. Be assured that MAK will carry on and continue to succeed and be the leader in innovation in the pellet grill world. 
Owner MAK 2 Star #26 & 2638
First MAK Grills employee

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Re: Putting A Silly Rumor To Rest
« on: July 11, 2018, 02:14:31 PM »
Great to hear, but I for one never would have thought anything but you going on to better things! ;)
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 02:48:37 PM »
Since I've announced my retirement, there's been some murmuring about there must be something going on at MAK for Bruce to leave. Here's the deal; I have a variety of chronic health issues. I am 64 years old. I don't know how much sand I have left in my hourglass. So...while I can, I am going to retire and go on adventures, etc. WHILE I CAN! It is my decision to retire. No one is forcing me out. I want to go out and have some fun now.

MAK is not going anywhere. They are in fine shape financially. Just ole Bruce won't be there. That's all. The innovation, the quality, etc. will still be part of MAK. So if someone you are talking with brings up the rumor. You can QUOTE ME...they are full of crap. Period.

I have worked all my life, from grade school on. Its time to stop and smell the smoke every day. And believe me, I am going to do that. Be assured that MAK will carry on and continue to succeed and be the leader in innovation in the pellet grill world.

Enjoy your retirement Bruce don't listen to what is blowing in the wind
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline mrbbq

• MAK GRILLS
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 03:04:20 PM »
The reason why I posted what I did was to put an end to any speculative ruminations. When I left Traeger and wound up at MAK, the rumor mill went crazy. It was so funny as to what people were posting and saying. So I wanted to be more pro-active this time around.
I really dont know how to express how happy I am about heading into retirement. Never thought it would happen. Am am glad that I can enjoy it. Yeee Haw!

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 04:44:21 PM »
  Go get to it!   Don't waste a minute and don't look back.  We only get to do this once!  ( Unless there really is reincarnation  ???) but then you might come back as a ...   ;D
 We would like to see you check in so we can live vicariously through your experiences! 

Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 07:58:29 PM »
I must travel in small circles.  I don't hear any of this stuff.  My sister always told me, " it sucks getting old.  Getting old isn't for sissies".  Every year more stuff goes wrong with me.  Stay well my friend.  Fight the good fight like my Catholic grandfather use to say.   :thumbup:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 10:24:34 PM by sparky »
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 07:44:26 AM »
When you get to the South, keep in mind the Cookout with Bremer in early October...it should be on your bucket list.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline Kevin_NJ

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 08:14:51 AM »
Bruce,

I am one of the many happy MAK customers you have helped during your time at MAK. Your eager willingness to share your knowledge has certainly helped me become a better cook. Whoever attempts to take your place will certainly have a high bar to reach.

I am saddened to hear of your health issues, envious of your retirement and pleased that you have the ability to retire and enjoy the fruits of your decades of hard work.

Wishing you the best,
Kevin

Offline Dave R.

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 08:59:19 AM »
Similar events when I anounced my retirement but all the crap came from co-workers. One old guy from years ago had a saying that some people are just pigs. It has rung true for me since then. Ignore and enjoy as Lord knows you earned it. We will be praying your health stays firm and offers you those chances to enjoy the things you wish to do.
MAK #3591

Offline mrbbq

• MAK GRILLS
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 12:22:51 PM »
Kevin and Dave---thanks so much guys. The one thing that is bittersweet is the fact that I will REALLY miss the interaction with customers who've become friends over the years. THANK ALL OF YOU for buying American-made products, and MAK in particular. I think there's a special level of pride that surpasses that of other brand of pellet grill owners. Yeah, we CAN be pellet grill snobs!  :)     

Looking forward to moving to another part of the country and exploring it. And of course cooking on my MAK on the back deck, while enjoying the changing of the seasons in the mountains.  It will be interesting to experience a time when I do not have to be at work, and can do pretty much whatever I want. And the wife is helping with lots of honey-do projects as well. LOL!

The mgmt. and crew at MAK are sad to see me go (heck, I thought they'd all rush to help me pack up my office!) It's my hope that whomever fills my place will bring fresh vision and passion to MAK and help propel this company further upward.   

Offline FinsnFeathers

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2018, 06:14:32 PM »
Congrats Bruce! My wife and I wish you all the best in your retirement. Safe travels and good eats my friend. It was a pleasure to meet you when we picked up our MAK.

Stay well.
MAK 2 Star General #3579