Author Topic: PK Grills?  (Read 7413 times)

Offline CJIII

PK Grills?
« Reply #-1 on: December 26, 2018, 08:59:00 PM »
Hello guys and gals, I am new to the fourm but not bbq. I am wondering whats your opinion on PK Grills?

Offline Jaxon

Re: PK Grills?
« on: December 26, 2018, 10:12:21 PM »
I don't Have one, but I was watching them on YouTube today and think it is the bom-diggity.
I'd love to have one.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline CJIII

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 10:23:00 PM »
I may buy one off Amazon.com or the PK Grills website.

Offline rwalters

PK Grills?
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 11:13:10 PM »
I don’t cook on a PK, but have come close to buying the 360 on more than one occasion. Only reason I haven’t is because I do not believe it’ll be big enough for my LARGE family. The day they release a >500 sq” version, I’ll be the first in line. Curious.... whatcha currently cooking on and what is it about the PK that has your attention? Would you plan on using this as a grill and smoker or just a grill? Just curious... :)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline rexster314

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 12:12:46 AM »
I bought the original PK grill about 8 years or so ago. 2 years ago I got the PK360 and this month sold off the original PK.
One of the first things owners of the 360 should do is to buy a stainless steel bucket to catch the ash. Mine cooks very evenly and with few flareups. I've done ribs, chicken, steaks, fajitas, sausages, and veggies with great success.
Masterbuilt 560 Gravity Feed
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
KitchenAid 720-0856V 8 burner 88,000btu gasser
Masterbuilt 40" Sportsman Elite gasser
2 MES 40" smokers
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Cham

Offline rwalters

PK Grills?
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 01:33:38 AM »
I bought the original PK grill about 8 years or so ago. 2 years ago I got the PK360 and this month sold off the original PK.
One of the first things owners of the 360 should do is to buy a stainless steel bucket to catch the ash. Mine cooks very evenly and with few flareups. I've done ribs, chicken, steaks, fajitas, sausages, and veggies with great success.
Do you find the 360 large enough for your grilling needs? How many people do you cook for (grilling, not smoking) on a regular basis?
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline Smokin Papa Steve

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 09:42:24 AM »
Hello guys and gals, I am new to the fourm but not bbq. I am wondering whats your opinion on PK Grills?
I've had the original PK grill for about 5 years and like it very much.  I used it for smoking and grilling in the beginning but now almost exclusively for grilling only (I have a CharBroil Kamander as well).  It won't rust and is easy to use and clean.  Space is somewhat limited so I did purchase the upper grate which increases your real estate.  When I bought mine, they did not have a charcoal basket which is a must as it makes clean-up easier.  Someone online suggested getting a mesh office "in-box" type tray which I did and it does the job. 

Offline rexster314

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 11:39:30 AM »

Do you find the 360 large enough for your grilling needs? How many people do you cook for (grilling, not smoking) on a regular basis?

There's only the two of us. But it would work for up to 6 people easily, of course, depending on what you're cooking. I'm thinking it could handle at least 10-12 hamburger patties
Masterbuilt 560 Gravity Feed
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
KitchenAid 720-0856V 8 burner 88,000btu gasser
Masterbuilt 40" Sportsman Elite gasser
2 MES 40" smokers
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Cham

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2018, 02:02:12 AM »
Love my 360. 
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline CJIII

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2018, 06:01:16 AM »
I don’t cook on a PK, but have come close to buying the 360 on more than one occasion. Only reason I haven’t is because I do not believe it’ll be big enough for my LARGE family. The day they release a >500 sq” version, I’ll be the first in line. Curious.... whatcha currently cooking on and what is it about the PK that has your attention? Would you plan on using this as a grill and smoker or just a grill? Just curious... :)

Planning on grilling and smoking. Currently using a Wal-Mart Grill, the PK seems to hold a lot of heat and I like its simple design.