Author Topic: Sous Vide Pork Steak  (Read 13370 times)

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
Re: Sous Vide Pork Steak
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2019, 02:04:52 PM »
The sear looks great.  That is what gets me in trouble.  Since I have no gasser (other than my Blackstone which takes a while to prep too), I end up searing in a skillet or in the broiler.  SWMBO gets mad at my mess, so I end up just getting sous vide meat with no malliard reaction HAHAHA.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2019, 03:53:46 PM »
The sear looks great.  That is what gets me in trouble.  Since I have no gasser (other than my Blackstone which takes a while to prep too), I end up searing in a skillet or in the broiler.  SWMBO gets mad at my mess, so I end up just getting sous vide meat with no malliard reaction HAHAHA.

Well I was told by SWMBO that I was too NOT sear anything else on the stove. The house got way too smoky for her and the birds. ;D I really need to get our fan fixed over the stove.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline RAD

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2019, 05:56:59 PM »
Looks great Mike
Love to cook and eat

Offline cookiecdcmk

• Always looking for new ways to improve my food.
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2019, 09:00:19 AM »
I tried your SV method but used boneless country ribs.  My wife said they were too dry.  I only used the Gospel rub and nothing else.  There was very little fat on the meat.  Do you think that may be why they came out dry?

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2019, 01:22:02 PM »
I tried your SV method but used boneless country ribs.  My wife said they were too dry.  I only used the Gospel rub and nothing else.  There was very little fat on the meat.  Do you think that may be why they came out dry?

Last ones I did was in 2017. I cooked them at 138 for 12 hours. Came out juicy and tender. It could have been the meat you used, some are real good, others not so. I trim most of the fat off of my CSR's when I do them.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles