Author Topic: Flame in auger tube  (Read 14614 times)

Offline FinsnFeathers

Re: Flame in auger tube
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2019, 03:42:36 PM »
UPDATE: I called on Friday afternoon and spent about 45 minutes on the phone with Dennis.

He walked me through a few things and then had me put the MAK in to smoke mode with a clean fire pot.

He timed it and all was good there.

Next we set it to grill. Timed how long it took to get to temp and all good there.

He let me know that in the cool down sequence there is a pellet dump after 10 minutes and this may be causing the back burn.

We went in to cool down mode and he suggested I open the lid. The MAK was at 465 degrees when I did this with the lid open.

No problem!

So I guess I will be leaving the lid open (it is under a gazebo) during cool down.

Dennis is a great guy and I really appreciated his help.  :thumbup:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 02:21:12 PM by FinsnFeathers »
MAK 2 Star General #3579

Offline Pappymn

« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2019, 07:15:30 PM »
Love a happy ending

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline rwalters

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2019, 07:36:09 PM »
Interesting way to resolve the situation... but I guess if that is what it takes then it is what it is. You can leave the hopper lid propped about 1” and still stop that auger feed.
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline FinsnFeathers

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2019, 10:35:21 PM »
Interesting way to resolve the situation... but I guess if that is what it takes then it is what it is. You can leave the hopper lid propped about 1” and still stop that auger feed.

Nope...hopper lid closed....grill lid open.
MAK 2 Star General #3579

Offline rwalters

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2019, 12:54:55 AM »

Nope...hopper lid closed....grill lid open.
Oops, misunderstood. Just not something I have heard of before. Wonder if you’re the only MAK owner that has to do this. Assuming your MAK is on level ground and not at an angle causing any small remnant of a fire to be directed right towards the auger tube?
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)