Author Topic: 1 Star Order help...  (Read 7991 times)

Offline B4Boat

1 Star Order help...
« Reply #-1 on: September 26, 2020, 10:14:17 AM »
Hi!  I'm excited to have a cart put together for a 1 Star and was wondering about options...Def will be adding the side shelf, remote boss, sear grate, half griddle.  My question is around the main grates - are they actually two half grates?  I'm thinking that i could add another half to my order so I could sometimes have two halfs as a full upper and use maybe the griddle and sear grate together on the main level...does that make sense?  any and all help is greatly appreciated.  I have built two carts - one with a 1 Star and another with a 2 Star.  Will I be giving up much by going with a 1 Star with options over a 2 Star?  There's a big difference in price between two - almost $1000...

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: 1 Star Order help...
« on: September 26, 2020, 12:35:59 PM »
What yo are giving up  between eh 2 models is NOT internal space...But, the 2 Star is ALL stainless. The 1 Star is a very corrosion resistant sheetmetal, just not stainless. And - without eh 2 Star - you have the warming box that also gives you a side shelf/table top to hold things.

You will not see a difference in performance. The accessories are always something you can add as you go - but I like your idea of having the upper 1/2 grate You may be able to put a larger, or full grate in it as well. I have 2 - 2 Stars, and I really like that feature for loading the grill up and doing a big cook in a compact space
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 04:22:24 PM »
Call MAK Grills.  They can answer all your questions about options.  Using their input, I was able to make my selection of which options I would best be happy with.  There are actually two versions of the 2 Star.  One is all stainless and the other is their newer powder coating heavy gauge sheet metal.  The all stainless model is about $1K more than the regular 2 Star.  Since I house mine in my garage, it is not exposed to the environment.  So I decided to use that money elsewhere.  I replaced my original low serial number one as part of their trade-in program.  I added the door to my 2 Star.  Totally happy with my second 2 Star.

Art 
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline B4Boat

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 04:41:13 PM »
Thank you @acw3 @teesquare. I appreciate your advice!  Thank you!