Author Topic: First Brisket..  (Read 2908 times)

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: First Brisket..
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2013, 12:20:58 PM »
Looks real nice - great ring! Lots of good advice here for us brisket newbies!

Thanks,

David
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2013, 12:57:04 PM »
love the nice thick smoke ring like my auntie's lipstick.  I think it looks great.  I can't take any credit.  I cook mine the way muebe and LA told me to cook it.   8)  it works though. 
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Sam3

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2013, 01:09:45 PM »
love the nice thick smoke ring like my auntie's lipstick.  I think it looks great.  I can't take any credit.  I cook mine the way muebe and LA told me to cook it.   8)  it works though.

I got the idea from you, so that counts for something.  ;D ;D

Thanks Muebe and LA for the insight and wisdom.....this has been a very educational thread for me.
MAK 1 Star #385
Bradley OBS w/mods
WSM 22.5
Weber Platinum
Char Broil BEESR
La Caja China
Pit Barrel Cooker

Barry CB Martin

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2013, 02:00:11 PM »
Definitely "Tasty on a Plate!"   8)

Offline knucklehead

• Atascocita, TX
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2013, 10:42:42 PM »
Great looking brisket!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Knucklehead

PG 500
18" WSM
22" Weber OTP
22" Weber OTS
Exes
Traeger 07E

Offline Sailor1

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2013, 12:22:31 PM »
Nice looking brisket you got there Sam.  I see you took the IT to 205 on the flat.  For what it's worth department.........when doing a flat you might want to take the IT to 185 to 190.  Take a fork and stick it in and give a twist.  If the meat twists off it is fork tender.  FTC that baby right then for a few hours.  You will have a nice juicy flat.  Personally, I smoke my briskets at 225 with IT of 185-190 and then FTC for at least 2 hrs.  They are fork tender and very moist.  Just sayin that is the way I do mine.  May not be the right way but I seldom have any left overs when family and friends hear that a brisket is a smokin  ;D

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Offline Sam3

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2013, 01:25:33 PM »
Nice looking brisket you got there Sam.  I see you took the IT to 205 on the flat.  For what it's worth department.........when doing a flat you might want to take the IT to 185 to 190.  Take a fork and stick it in and give a twist.  If the meat twists off it is fork tender.  FTC that baby right then for a few hours.  You will have a nice juicy flat.  Personally, I smoke my briskets at 225 with IT of 185-190 and then FTC for at least 2 hrs.  They are fork tender and very moist.  Just sayin that is the way I do mine.  May not be the right way but I seldom have any left overs when family and friends hear that a brisket is a smokin  ;D

That's some good advise my friend. Thank you, I'm keeping note of that!
MAK 1 Star #385
Bradley OBS w/mods
WSM 22.5
Weber Platinum
Char Broil BEESR
La Caja China
Pit Barrel Cooker