Author Topic: Yet ANOTHER video Of the smoker  (Read 5861 times)

Offline Jaxon

Re: Yet ANOTHER video Of the smoker
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2013, 07:50:51 AM »
Dee, I had to get on to her a couple of times when she thought there was enuff wood and wanted to sit down. All in all, she did a pretty good job.

Now, PLEASE don't tell her about this post. I'll hafta sleep with one eye open for a while.

;D
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline RAD

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2013, 10:58:47 AM »
Jax,
Nice looking cook. That steak looks awesome.

Love to cook and eat

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2013, 11:36:32 AM »
Y'all,

Pay no attention to reply # 15...it was intended only for Dee's eyes...and Tommy's...well, IR2Dum's...and Pam's...Tim's , too...he's also met Deb and knows what a fine Southern Lady she is.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2013, 10:21:46 PM »
Dee, I had to get on to her a couple of times when she thought there was enuff wood and wanted to sit down. All in all, she did a pretty good job.

Now, PLEASE don't tell her about this post. I'll hafta sleep with one eye open for a while.

;D
Jack looks like you  know that cooker, great job!

As for Deb having a thought on grill, just do like I do with Kimmie  "Yes dear" then go and do it the right way!  ;)
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2013, 03:11:57 AM »
Hey Y'all,
Someone asked me what my smoker is like and how I'm doin' with it.  So, I did a little video review for them AND decided to post it for your entertainment.
Remeber - this is NOT a "how to" video. 

I did this yesterday and learned a valuable lesson...it is mo' harder to maintain temps when the wind is 10 to 20 with gusts to 30.  I'll watch the weather more closely next time...not just for rain, but heavy wind.

Yet and still, it was a successful cook and the food turned out very good. 

In the meantime...

B T W, YES, the smoker is not level...it sits that way so everything will flow toward the drain on the left side.

Oh...Here's a link to the results (in case you're interested).  B T W, when you see the steaks, they look green.  That is the STEAK SAVOR RUB we added for extra flavor - very good!

Jaxon, now I don't know too much about putting moving pictures on TV, but last weekend I showed your videos to several of my friends who work in the TV business. I started showing it to three friends, but by the end of the video there were about 10 or 12 people hanging around watching. Everyone said that you did an excellent job on the videos and two girls even said that you were sooo cute. They all agreed that you were a great presenter and the master of your smoker. I tend to agree with them. The videos are good. You might have just sold one or two of those smokers while they were watching. Keep up the good work and start shopping your audition tape around. You are gonna be a star.

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2013, 01:49:12 PM »
Apparently,  they were giving away margaritas in Texas the other day.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2013, 10:43:07 PM »
Apparently,  they were giving away margaritas in Texas the other day.  Dee

Dee, this happened in St. Louis while we were supposed to be working.

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2013, 03:17:10 PM »
I watch this video about once a week. Brings a tear to my eye. With the flat top on the fire box, you can set your wood on it to heat up. This way when added to the coal base, the wood will burst into flames and not smolder..keeping the thin blue smoke going.............
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2013, 04:13:05 PM »
Jack, again I think you have mastered your stick burner. I still think the Old Country smokers, especially the Pecos are the best built and best value for the money of any of the stick burners out there. For $399 I don't think you can buy a smoker with that heavy gauge steel and the nice design features. I like the exhaust is down at grate level instead of higher up in the cooking chamber to hold the smoke down on the meat and I like the nice baffle where the smoke and heat comes in to spread it out in the cooking chamber.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2013, 06:38:50 PM »
I really like your videos.  keep making them.  I learning about fire control and offset smokers.  its a good thing.   :)
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2013, 06:49:34 PM »
I was close to ordering an Old Country last week....but Eric is my buddy and I like to get my rigs from him.....plus there is something about the Yoder smokers being a throw back to the legendary Oklahoma Joe smokers of yesteryear so it was a no brainer for me.

but...the bang for the buck of the Old Country is very appealing and should be considered quite seriously if anyone is considering a charcoal pit.

This video is a huge help when considering one..........
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32