Author Topic: Camera guys?  (Read 2577 times)

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Camera guys?
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2013, 12:13:21 AM »
I still use my original Polaroid a few times a year. I really like the images I can get on that and can't get any other way. But, then again, I still have a variety of older film cameras and shoot a bunch of Tri-X every year.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 12:15:57 AM »
Bought the sony nex3n today...wife is happy...I have 15 days to change it out to the 5r which has wifi if she wants that...

excellent choice

the hottest (smallest) housed underwater camera setup on the market
http://www.nauticamusa.com/nex-5-housing/

That's pretty cool! I've used the Pentax Optio W for a travel camera when we'd planned to dive or spend a lot of time in the water. Does a nice job - would prefer a good housing for my Nikon, but too pricey. I recently purchased a GoPro Hero to create POV training videos. It works great. I haven't had the chance to get in the water with it yet, but look forward to it this winter.

Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Patio Cook#1

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2013, 06:47:26 PM »
Presently we have 2 point and shoot cams some samsung what not and a sony what not. They both fit in her purse but she does not like the photo quality. We both also have Samsung Galaxy S3 phones which we take pics with mostly but she doesnt like those quality either. I just think its one of those things she wants and will use but doesnt necessarily need and my Rec Tec checks that box soooooo...lol...
I'm not really that familiar with the Sony line-up, perferd.
What will the Sony do for your wife the the other (Samsungs etc.) wouldn't do.
I suspect for the price tag, it should be in the "professional line-up"
EH?

Offline flbentrider

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2013, 09:21:03 PM »
I would give my opinion on what camera to buy, but I don't think the Polaroid One-Step is available anymore.

check out how much an original chrome leather Polaroid SX-70 is worth on eBay
and there is film for it

I have one in a drawer.

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2013, 09:54:41 PM »
Shot some photos of my daughter in the National Soft Ball Fast Pitch Tournament this weekend. While I use a variety of quick shot / extreme cameras for other things, I pulled out my favorite for the weekend. A Nikon D300S (with the battery grip) with a Sigma 80- 400 f 1.4 lens. It is a heavy beast and works best with a monopod or tripod. But I like the pictures - the color and contrast. Not an everyday shooter, but for where it works, IMHO it is hard to beat.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 02:52:18 PM by drholly »
Member #