Author Topic: Tempted  (Read 1913 times)

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
Tempted
« Reply #-1 on: July 04, 2013, 07:59:40 PM »
I am not normally one to pay a lot for premium grade meat for BBQ, but... my butcher has Wagyu Tri-Tip on sale for $11.99/lb and Prime brisket for $3.99/lb this week.  Both prices are through the 10th, so I am trying to figure out if I can earn enough "wife points" by next Wednesday to justify a $30 Tri-Tip and a $50 brisket.  If you don't hear from me next weekend, I am either cooking the two greatest pieces of meat ever or I am dead.  ???
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Tempted
« on: July 04, 2013, 08:14:44 PM »
 :D
That sounds like a fun time..if you live!
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 08:34:16 PM »
I would jump on the brisket but 11.99 a lb for tri..wagu or fukasaki or whatever they call it is highway robbery.......just sayin  ;)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline hikerman

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 08:37:31 PM »
I am not normally one to pay a lot for premium grade meat for BBQ, but... my butcher has Wagyu Tri-Tip on sale for $11.99/lb and Prime brisket for $3.99/lb this week.  Both prices are through the 10th, so I am trying to figure out if I can earn enough "wife points" by next Wednesday to justify a $30 Tri-Tip and a $50 brisket.  If you don't hear from me next weekend, I am either cooking the two greatest pieces of meat ever or I am dead.  ???

Or both!  Good luck SB! Please report back on your health.....

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 09:14:30 PM »

Or both!  Good luck SB! Please report back on your health.....

Dead men usually don't talk?
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline hikerman

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 09:41:24 PM »
My mistake. Condolences to Mrs. SB then.  ;)

Offline fishingbouchman

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 01:55:49 AM »
wouldn't mind trying the wagyu
Mak 1 Star
Weber Kettle "Blue"

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 08:22:13 AM »
Isn't your last meal supposed to be the best?

I say go for it! ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 08:31:58 AM »
Muebe is right!! Go for you only live once! 
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 09:06:51 AM »
We will play nothing but Haggard music at your services.......... ;)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2013, 09:45:49 AM »
I would jump on the brisket but 11.99 a lb for tri..wagu or fukasaki or whatever they call it is highway robbery.......just sayin  ;)

I agree w/ smoke.  Way to much money for the tri tip.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2013, 08:22:08 AM »
Thanks for the thoughts folks.  ;)
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 01:54:26 PM »
I ended up doing neither of them.  My wife made plans for the weekend, and there was no way I was going to freeze meat that expensive.

The other issue was I got a complete B.S. speeding ticket .  I was blocked in at a light and needed to change lanes to get to the side of the road that the street I needed to get home was on.  I sped up for about two seconds to get in front of traffic, and saw lights.  I even knew the cop was there.  that's how ridiculous it was.  Need proof of what a cash grab tickets are... In Texas you can do deferred disposition, pay your fine and go on probation for 90 days without the ticket ever being reported if you don't do it again while on probation.

I didn't have the nerve to spend any extra money after dropping $170 on the ticket.

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 02:14:04 PM »
$170 is pocket change. Try getting a speeding ticket in California!  ???
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 02:15:54 PM »
I ended up doing neither of them.  My wife made plans for the weekend, and there was no way I was going to freeze meat that expensive.

The other issue was I got a complete B.S. speeding ticket .  I was blocked in at a light and needed to change lanes to get to the side of the road that the street I needed to get home was on.  I sped up for about two seconds to get in front of traffic, and saw lights.  I even knew the cop was there.  that's how ridiculous it was.  Need proof of what a cash grab tickets are... In Texas you can do deferred disposition, pay your fine and go on probation for 90 days without the ticket ever being reported if you don't do it again while on probation.

I didn't have the nerve to spend any extra money after dropping $170 on the ticket.

Ouch! That bites!  ??? >:( :(
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #