Author Topic: Costo Impressions  (Read 1370 times)

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
Re: Costo Impressions
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 11:20:36 PM »

[/quote]
Like I said, there are only two of us. Buying in bulk does not make sense.

Ed
[/quote] Ed, I used to say that too :) Buying in bulk makes perfect sense if you have a freezer and I'm sure you do :)

Offline veryolddog

• New Braunfels, Texas
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 12:16:50 AM »

Like I said, there are only two of us. Buying in bulk does not make sense.

Ed
[/quote] Ed, I used to say that too :) Buying in bulk makes perfect sense if you have a freezer and I'm sure you do :)
[/quote]

No, it really does not make sense for the two of us. The only meat that I have purchased over the last 3 months is a tube of 90 per cent hamburger for the Golden every month which is mixed with her Blue Buffalo Wilderness.

We are trying to eat the freezer empty. Now, if you talking paper towels, detergent, Bounce and sponges, yeah, we use that a lot. When it comes to fruits and vegetables, we find to that it is more prudent to purchase only that which will last for a few days, because the vegetables will begin to deteriorate. We have a Farmers Market that we go to on Saturdays that is really good.

When we make ribs, it is one slab. A slab will last for two meals with Golden cleaning up after us.  A whole chicken represents at least two meals and a chicken salad or soup. Most of the stuff gets old and we end up throwing it away. Our biggest meal is dinner. I only have a couple of crackers for lunch. I have lost 57 lbs. since January trying to get back to my original weight since I lost most of the use of my legs. And, I still have 40 lbs. to go. I was 262 and now I am 205.

I cook big on Sundays because the kids come over for dinner. That's it. Bulk buying does not make practical as well as financial sense in my situation. We also enjoy going out to eat, so that covers some of our activity.

Believe me, I do understand where you are coming from, and if we had 3 teenagers running around to feed, then it would be different. Thank you Lord for allowing me to survive through that and enjoying life now.

Ed
An empty grill or pan is a blank canvas on which you can create like an artist!
Yoder YS480 Pellet Smoker and Yoder Cheyenne Stick Burner
Weber 22.5 OTG and Kettlepizza
Just an old Marine who remembers.

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 07:50:03 AM »
Ed,  Congratulations on that weight loss.  I know how good that feels as I lost 40 pounds. One point though...you must have been a really, really big baby with that original weight of 160 pounds!  My original weight was only 7 pounds 12 ozs. ;) :)  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers