Author Topic: Got to meet some of the guys and a nice lady.  (Read 2436 times)

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Got to meet some of the guys and a nice lady.
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2013, 12:18:53 AM »
Those are some great pictures. Thank you both for sharing them. Looks like a great day!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2013, 12:43:30 AM »
Great pictures of the gang!  looks like y'all had a great time, I can't wait til Sept!!!!!! 
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2013, 03:27:39 AM »
Nice pics.  Now I feel like a slacker waiting for Tee to post the pics (and description) of the 3 days we spent together in Dallas.  Glad there are pics of Kay.  She was in meetings the whole time we were together, so I never did get to meet her.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline fishingbouchman

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2013, 03:38:37 AM »
looks like a good time.  that is a big pile of wood. 
Mak 1 Star
Weber Kettle "Blue"

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2013, 04:22:53 AM »
I had the best time meeting up with these guys. My pictures are exactly the same as the ones all ready posted so I will spare ya'll the redundancy. I will just say how much fun it is talking bbq and getting to know these great guys. This is the first time I met Ed (veryolddog) and I must say that he fits in perfectly with all of us. He is so nice and had some great stories.  I have met Tim before a couple of times, but I didn't realize that he was married to such a beautiful lady that keeps him grounded. When ya'll say he married up, you really don't know how right that statement is. If it wasn't for Kay, Tim would be way out of control. And what can I say about Cuz Jack? Well, he is just a great guy. Now I'm not saying that because we call each other "cuz". We really are related and wouldn't have known that if it wasn't for another bbq forum (CharBroil's).  Because we live in the same town surrounded by about 4 million of our closest friends, we decided to meet over a plate of bbq about 3 years ago. During that first lunch, we discovered that we really are closely related to each other. So close, in fact, that I have now attended his wife's family reunion.  Two hours after we met for the first time, Jack emailed me his geneology charts showing how the family on my dad's side met up with the family on his wife's side. I was astounded at the odds of us ever getting to know each other. Well, to make my point about this....if you ever get a chance to meet up with any of your fellow bbq forum members, be sure to take it. I have found that everyone I have met on this forum or other bbq forums is a top notch guy and gal that you would love to spend time with and exchange stories and ideas. I have now met about 14 or 15 of you guys and gals mostly because of the Gathering (which is in two months in Augusta in case you haven't heard). Someone said that the Gathering was like a family reunion with out the family bickering. The people that I have met are now life long friends and it's all because of this forum and our love for bbq and outdoor cooking.

I got a call from IR2dum earlier saying he was gonna call in 10 minutes so I could talk to the guys. Guess they got wrapped up in their bbq cause I didn't hear back from them..Hope they had fun.  Pam .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥

Sorry, Pammie. I thought I texted you to call me in 10 minutes. I just thought you were busy. Would have loved to let you talk to everybody. I couldn't get hold of Dee, either. Not to worry. We will see you in a couple of months.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 04:28:24 AM by IR2dum »

Offline Sam3

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2013, 05:56:54 AM »
What a really great thread. Glad you all had a good time.
That's a serious pile of wood!!  ???
MAK 1 Star #385
Bradley OBS w/mods
WSM 22.5
Weber Platinum
Char Broil BEESR
La Caja China
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline Scallywag

• Ontario, Canada
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2013, 08:08:28 AM »
Very cool!!
Mak 2 star #855
XL BGE
18.5 WSM

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2013, 08:23:11 AM »
LUCKY ME!

Don called me while they were at the table. What a thrill it was for me to get to talk to the guys as they passed the phone around. I was on cloud 9 the rest of the day. Now I know I will be making plans to take Don up on his gracious invitation to visit with him and Barbara after I retire later this year.
He is going to take us to Lockhart to start our tour of great Texas bbq joints. I am looking forward to meeting Ed & Jack when we come out there.

What great pictures guys!

Special thanks for taking the time to share with me on the phone.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline EFGM

• Carrollton, Texas
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2013, 08:40:56 AM »
Nice pics.  Now I feel like a slacker waiting for Tee to post the pics (and description) of the 3 days we spent together in Dallas.  Glad there are pics of Kay.  She was in meetings the whole time we were together, so I never did get to meet her.

Myself as we'll SB, although I could only join you guys for one meal. It was great meeting two outstanding individuals. Can't wait to read about your other meals!

Doug
PG1000
 ST1400
(DE)

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2013, 08:43:44 AM »
Thank y'all so much for the pictures.  IR2Dum says that Capt Jack is leaning toward coming to the Gathering.  I sure hope so because I have wanted to meet him for so long and listen to his stories about Texas history.  Wow.  With learning about David Holly's trips, Capt Jack's TX history, Art's sausage making and knife sharpening and the other things I feel like I'm going to a graduate school of life in September. Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2013, 09:44:38 AM »
Great pictures and sounds like a good time.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline Hub

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2013, 12:33:42 PM »
Oh lordy, I gotta gotta gotta get back west of the river  :'(   I need a fix of the barbeque I grew up on, some REAL messican food, and a chicken fried steak that hangs over the plate.
Committed Pellethead & BBQ Writer
KCBS MCBJ & CTC
Ph.B.
Memphis Advantage
NOS American-made Traeger 075
Weber Performer
NG Weber Spirit (warming oven)
PBC
NO SMOKE DETECTOR IN MY OUTDOOR KITCHEN

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2013, 09:58:32 AM »
 >:( >:( >:(  So, Tim sticks me with all this moderatin and he gets to waltz across Texas   >:( >:(

Sounds good to me  :D :D :D :D   

Tim looks pretty good in his 10 gallon hat  :) :)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2013, 10:01:28 AM »
You guys ever hear of this place in Huntsville?

Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2013, 02:00:38 PM »
Whenever I watch that segment, the one thing that stays with me is, there is some serious love put into that Que.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven