Author Topic: Weber Q-320  (Read 4202 times)

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Weber Q-320
« Reply #-1 on: September 02, 2013, 01:43:11 PM »
This review is not going to be an out of the box review. I have had this grill for going on 5 months now and the box is long gone. I will say though that the packaging is of Webers high standards. Everything was safe and everything was there.

Now, I am telling right now, I do not like gas grills. I still don't. My gal has bugged me for over 20 years to get one and I got the best one out there. Gas Grills to me are about convenience, not so much about flavor. The Weber Q series is Webers best selling line of their gas grill offerings, and for good reason.

No cheap stainless steel here folks. In fact, no steel at all. The base is heavy molded plastic. The grill itself is cast aluminum. The grates are cast iron. The heat tubes are stainless. No rust will happen on this grill.

The Q-320 has a low BTU rating. That is a good thing. The combination of the heat retention capabilities of the cast aluminum grill body and the cast iron cooking grate ensures this little gem gets hot...very hot. I am using the same tank since early May, and I have used this grill alot. Don't let the small footprint of this grill fool you. It can really hold the food. The Q-320 will feed a family of 4-6 very easily.

Now if you are looking for all the bells and whistles, you might look elsewhere. This is strictly a grill...period. You do get -2- folding side shelves (which have to be lowered everytime you cover it).

Now, Weber is famous for offering a bunch of accessories for their grills, but not with this grill. They do offer a cast iron griddle that replaces one of the cooking grates. I highly recommend it. You can grill steaks on one side and griddle your taters at the same time or veggies or shrimp, whatever you want.

The burners are designed much different than most gas grills. You have an outer oval burner and one straight burner that runs dead center in between the oval burner. This design is nice, cause you can turn off the center burner and cook somewhat indirectly with just the outer oval burner on.

Clean-up is simple as well. The cooking grates are set up with solid sections over the burners so they do not get splattered on. The grease drops to the bottom of the grill. At the bottom is an opening where the grease drips through into a little foil pan. The foil pan is fitted into a little aluminum tray that will slide to the side so you can clean out or replace the little tray. Of course the little tray is a Weber specific size. They can be purchased in packs of 10. I foil line mine and am still using the original foil tray that came with the grill.

This grill also has a light on the lid for late night grilling. I have not used it yet, because I usually use the grill after work during the week for quick weekday meals. Push-button ignition lights the grill every time.

I have not encountered one problem with this grill since I opened the box. It performs wonderfully every time. It has the Weber pedigree, that is for sure. If you are looking for a grill that just grills, you must consider this Q-320. My buddies say it looks like a UFO, which I think looks better than those large ss offerings you see in the hardware stores.
Enjoy the pics everyone:

Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Re: Weber Q-320
« on: September 02, 2013, 03:28:04 PM »
Bout time! :D

Nice review Smoke.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline LostArrow

• Often wrong but never in doubt!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 04:29:34 PM »
Smoke might have to change perfessions!
Great Job
New Braunfels El Darado
Hasty-Bake
Genesis S-330 gasser
Weber Red Genesis 1000
Weber q220
CharBroil CB-740
Char-Griller Kamodo
Curbside kettle
Big Homemade Horizonal smoker @ hunt camp

Offline Hub

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 04:39:51 PM »
Good review, Smoke!  I feel much the same about my little NG Weber gasser.  It is definitely a best of breed for what it is.  All it can do is provide heat but sometimes that's all I need.  The best thing that ever happend to any gas grill is Grill Grates -- they'll save ya'  :o

Hub
Committed Pellethead & BBQ Writer
KCBS MCBJ & CTC
Ph.B.
Memphis Advantage
NOS American-made Traeger 075
Weber Performer
NG Weber Spirit (warming oven)
PBC
NO SMOKE DETECTOR IN MY OUTDOOR KITCHEN

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 06:01:05 PM »
Thanks for the review, Smoke! When my G2G finally dies, this will be a candidate along with the portable STOK. I'm not a big fan of gas (hmmmm that might have been phrased better...  ::)) but it is convenient for quick meals between work, school and softball.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 06:22:43 PM »
Yup, I find gas to be all about convenience. But I tell ya right now that if that was my only type of grill to use I would surely make the best of it and it would be from the Weber Q series.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 12:32:32 PM »
nice review.  I have the q-220.  my wife and daughter love it.   :)
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline LostArrow

• Often wrong but never in doubt!
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 02:07:44 PM »
After next weekend I'll be doing more gas grilling, I hope Smoke kept the Q
New Braunfels El Darado
Hasty-Bake
Genesis S-330 gasser
Weber Red Genesis 1000
Weber q220
CharBroil CB-740
Char-Griller Kamodo
Curbside kettle
Big Homemade Horizonal smoker @ hunt camp

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2013, 02:08:22 PM »
Long gone LA, it is charcoal and wood from here on out.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2013, 03:04:23 PM »
Some great cooking on the Q320 Smoke. I have a Q120 and wished I had bought the 320. I like most just use the gas for convenience and have used it for searing along with my Traeger. I don't think I used the gas 6 times this summer. Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2013, 06:44:52 PM »
I like the review smoke, nice job!! Good looking BBQ too :)

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2013, 06:51:42 PM »
I have one in my Amazon wish list and after this review it will probably end up in my cart!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline RAD

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2013, 07:27:28 PM »
Nice review Smoke. :)  I cook 4-5 times on my Gas RED per week. I like to make my long cooks over a weekend when I have time on the Charcoal smoker. I have been looking for a deal on a weber Charcoal grill but would still use the gas more, because you are correct, it is convenient and I am lazy. Sometimes I wonder if I'm really saving time. It takes me 15-20 minutes to get the gasser up to temp and I can get a chimney filled with bricks ready in about the same time.  So, I guess if I had a good charcoal grill if I would use it more than I think. ???.
Love to cook and eat

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2013, 07:47:47 PM »
Nice review Smoke. :)  I cook 4-5 times on my Gas RED per week. I like to make my long cooks over a weekend when I have time on the Charcoal smoker. I have been looking for a deal on a weber Charcoal grill but would still use the gas more, because you are correct, it is convenient and I am lazy. Sometimes I wonder if I'm really saving time. It takes me 15-20 minutes to get the gasser up to temp and I can get a chimney filled with bricks ready in about the same time.  So, I guess if I had a good charcoal grill if I would use it more than I think. ???.

Clean up is way easier with a gasser for weeknight grubbing  ;)   Charcoal can be your friend on the weekends  :)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline pz

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2013, 11:59:47 PM »
Nice review!