Author Topic: MAK dinner!  (Read 1815 times)

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
Re: MAK dinner!
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2014, 11:07:59 AM »
Excellent looking plate, nicely done.  ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline aliengriller

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 11:12:12 AM »
Excellent looking cook!   Picture size is all right, EXCEPT that being that large causes more drool to come out of my mouth!   LOL

Offline KyNola

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 08:24:48 PM »
Thanks everyone.  The mushrooms are quite easy to do.  I remove the stems and quarter the caps.  Into a saute pan over medium heat with olive oil and butter, about 2 tablespoons of each.  As the mushrooms begin to soften they will turn a bit darker.  At that point I salt and pepper them and add a healthy glug of Worcestershire sauce. Let the Worcestershire reduce, at least by half, to almost gone.  At this point remove the pan from the heat and add Cognac, about 1/8-1/4 cup and light it with one of those grill type lighters.  Return the now flaming pan to the stove and allow it to cook until the flames die out.  Toss in another 2 tablespoons of butter so the Cognac sauce thickens and takes on a nice shine.

Serve immediately and don't forget the sauce!

Offline pz

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2014, 02:05:56 AM »
Thanks everyone.  The mushrooms are quite easy to do.  I remove the stems and quarter the caps.  Into a saute pan over medium heat with olive oil and butter, about 2 tablespoons of each.  As the mushrooms begin to soften they will turn a bit darker.  At that point I salt and pepper them and add a healthy glug of Worcestershire sauce. Let the Worcestershire reduce, at least by half, to almost gone.  At this point remove the pan from the heat and add Cognac, about 1/8-1/4 cup and light it with one of those grill type lighters.  Return the now flaming pan to the stove and allow it to cook until the flames die out.  Toss in another 2 tablespoons of butter so the Cognac sauce thickens and takes on a nice shine.

Serve immediately and don't forget the sauce!

Sounds delicious. Thanks for posting the recipe

Offline Scallywag

• Ontario, Canada
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2014, 08:16:01 AM »
Steak looks awesome!! Thanks for the info on the shrooms, I want to try that.
Mak 2 star #855
XL BGE
18.5 WSM

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2014, 01:22:27 PM »
Steak looks awesome!! Thanks for the info on the shrooms, I want to try that.
X2 - Thanks!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2014, 05:07:14 PM »
Reservation for 2 for September 26th please!!!!! That looks great, I don't think we'll see anything that well presented at BBQ on the River