Author Topic: I need to apologize….  (Read 2657 times)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
I need to apologize….
« Reply #-1 on: November 06, 2013, 06:22:31 PM »
I know we don't have a strong philosophy against thread hi-jacking, but I did something yesterday to Wingman that really was out of line. And in an erroneous effort to pony out how we humorously make some of our buying decisions based on things other than fact…I really went over the top. And - it did not come across like I really wanted it to. My fault…it was intended to pick on anyone for their choices - just to show that we can often analyze the choices differently and surprise ourselves with our findings occasionally.

And…to top it off - I went to far with an attempt at a humorous response to LA and the Turtle…ALL of this in ONE thread! And it was more off -color, and politically insensitive than I should have been.

SO - let me say this - to everyone that read the thread I am mentioning - but especially Wingman, and LA and the Turtle…. Guys - I am SO sorry….I make no excuses. No chemically induced behavior….stress? maybe just a little ;) ;D  I really don't know why I was not myself. But, I will try my best to never do that again.

I also want to reinforce something here as well: at anytime that you feel I am over-stepping, being un-reasonable, or otherwise not being my usual cheerful self :D….PLEASE - do not hesitate to P.M. me -or- e-mail me. I can assure you that I am not empirical in my view of my relationship with LTBBQ. I am a member, and user. I am fortunate to be a moderator.
But - by no means do I think or feel that I am above the expected behavior that we should all exhibit. I treated the thread - and everyone that read it with a lack of respect, in that my comments were not in line with my own philosophy of who we are at LTBBQ.

So, again - I genuinely ask your forgiveness.

T
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Ka Honu

Re: I need to apologize….
« on: November 06, 2013, 07:13:25 PM »
Hmmm, are you saying you posted an "inappropriate" response or two?  I have never been so insulted and, to make matters worse, I don't recall ever seeing anyone do that on this forum before.  I like the groveling thing though; stick with it. 

(Gawd, I LOVE IT when I get to jerk your chain.)

'Nuff said.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline hikerman

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 07:25:58 PM »
Tim, I can only speak for myself here, but I honestly see no problem in what was posted by you or anyone else on this thread. In fact if all posters were in the same room, I have a strong suspicion the conversation would have been very close to what was posted. We all have our own beliefs and obviously some are stronger than others. As I posted, I enjoyed the dialogue. Both sides were presented and no personal attacks happened. As they say in basketball, No harm....no foul! I got your point and everyone else's. On this site I value EVERYONES opinion, that is to YOUR credit. You created this unique little place. Finally, you stood up for the sponsors on the site who sell Maverick, you should do that, you offered that we should look at BOTH products and buy from that perspective. You did not tell anyone to buy either product, but to just keep an open mind.  Good Advice in my world.

Oh while I'm at it. Could you PLEASE reduce my monthly membership dues? The kids need shoes.....

Offline Pappymn

I need to apologize….
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 07:36:01 PM »
Tim, I can only speak for myself here, but I honestly see no problem in what was posted by you or anyone else on this thread. In fact if all posters were in the same room, I have a strong suspicion the conversation would have been very close to what was posted. We all have our own beliefs and obviously some are stronger than others. As I posted, I enjoyed the dialogue. Both sides were presented and no personal attacks happened. As they say in basketball, No harm....no foul! I got your point and everyone else's. On this site I value EVERYONES opinion, that is to YOUR credit. You created this unique little place. Finally, you stood up for the sponsors on the site who sell Maverick, you should do that, you offered that we should look at BOTH products and buy from that perspective. You did not tell anyone to buy either product, but to just keep an open mind.  Good Advice in my world.

Oh while I'm at it. Could you PLEASE reduce my monthly membership dues? The kids need shoes.....

Besides membership dues I have to soak his wood chips and rub his feet with patent pending Tendarub.

Think I need to renegotiate.....
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 07:39:10 PM »

at anytime that you feel I am over-stepping, being un-reasonable, or otherwise not being my usual cheerful self :D….PLEASE - do not hesitate to P.M. me -or- e-mail me.

no pm's or emails.  we got ppl at lettalkbbq.  not all of us are friendly.  if you see art show up in a black car be scared.  very scared.  art looks like a fun loving guy but he is one of our ppl.  we know were you live T.   :P :P :P
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 07:41:49 PM »
If I had a dollar for everytime I had to apologize, I would have a cabin right next door to Sparky and enough Fat Tires to last a month  :)

It takes a big man to apologize and Tim, you are a Hoss  :)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline hikerman

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 07:44:41 PM »

Besides membership dues I have to soak his wood chips and rub his feet with patent pending Tendarub.

Think I need to renegotiate.....

I'll say Pappy, I guess the $19.95/mo. I pay isn't so bad. Whew rub his feet with TendaRub?   ???

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 07:51:59 PM »
Well… I guess I felt bad that I am supposed to be some kind of example of what the site represents - and when I re-read the thread today….let's just say I was very disappointed.

We don't have any real rules around here - except the "Golden Rule". And…we don't need them as long as everyone is neighborly. So, you would expect that I would certainly be a better example than I was yesterday….

Gene and Patrick…careful I am allergic to Tenda Rub…and the police... ;D

Hmmm, are you saying you posted an "inappropriate" response or two?  I have never been so insulted and, to make matters worse, I don't recall ever seeing anyone do that on this forum before.  I like the groveling thing though; stick with it. 

(Gawd, I LOVE IT when I get to jerk your chain.)

Oh…I meant to exempt you from my apology Turtle…am I too late? :D :D :D

'Nuff said.

BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 07:57:16 PM »
I'll say Pappy, I guess the $19.95/mo. I pay isn't so bad. Whew rub his feet with TendaRub?

come to think of it, I don't think a callous or a corn could hold up to Tendarub.....better stock up on some socks though  ;D ;D ;D ;D

On a serious note, our leader Tee2 is a big enough man to apologize publicly and that means a bunch to me. I mean this is right from the top folks. It don't get bigger than this. I have had to pm members I have upset and publicly apologize and pull a joke that some found tasteless.......and I am still a global moderator. We are darn near 500 members and I can't think of a better bunch of people to hang around with. We have recruited wisely and luckily quality folk have found us. Tim has created a haven for us. A haven away from agendas, bias, aggressive posts and well you know what I am talking about. Sometimes it is easy to relax and get a little to comfortable and send something out that you might not should've. I can't remember how many times I have gone back to my posts and changed some wording or deleted something.

We all stumble and Tim has shown us that nobody here is immune to a slight boo boo. Just say you are sorry and lets smoke on  8)  Am I sticking up for Tee...am I proud of Tee...... darn skippy I am  8) 8)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 08:17:11 PM »

I heartily agree with hikerman. I know coming from another board I was very hesitant to speak what was on my mind as the "good old boys" basically told you what you were allowed to say. I don't see this happening on this board and I don't believe it will ever happen. And in reality it is all about personal choices.  In my case I could have rolled with the flow and got the most popular and highest rated pellet grill like everyone else, but I opted to go with a basically unknown company in Blaz'n Grill Works. No regrets and have not looked back. Yes I also own a Traeger and some Webers. All my choices, and my wife keeps reminding me of that!  ::) Not that I didn't research every pellet grill out there cuz I did. I just got what I felt I needed to enjoy my hobby.  So I don't see any problems on what was posted.  And I do want to congratulate Tim for his apology to the board.  But if you really want to start a "heated discussion" than let's talk about who is better: Texas A&M or Alabama!!! 8) ;D :P
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2013, 09:09:12 PM »
Tee I think you have not been yourself lately. This new woman I mean pellet grill in your life has had an effect on your temperament and made you edgy. The week you spent getting to know your grill must have been very stressful.

Although none of us have been able to see what this grill can do yet I am sure you have fantasizing about what she can do for you. During these TendaRub moments it may feel like someone put a Thermapen right through your heart!

Just remember these kind of relationships can be tough when there are other grills in the picture. Just take a moment to reflect on your experiences and use them to produce some positive posts 8)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 09:13:20 PM »
D A N G !!!

I'm sorry I missed it all...I'm usually the one with foot-in-mouth issues.  Where is that thread?
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2013, 09:19:58 PM »
  But if you really want to start a "heated discussion" than let's talk about who is better: Texas A&M or Alabama!!! 8) ;D :P

That discussion ends in 2 words ---Roll Tide!

T - respect you for the post but I think what I like about this forum is that with the members we have here, anyone can speak their mind, vent, or whatever and it doesn't get to be personal. So it's all good.
As far as:
"Well… I guess I felt bad that I am supposed to be some kind of example of what the site represents."

Uhhh- why are you of the opinion that we would ever think of you as any kind of example ?? ((just kidding- couldn't resist)
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline Wingman

• Central Maine
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2013, 09:48:32 PM »
Well, jeez.  Now I feel like I’ve got to say something about this because I feel like the elephant in the room. 
First, I took NO offense to how I was treated in that aforementioned thread.  I did not report to any one on this forum that I had a problem with how I was treated.  I did report to an admin that T said something that would offend about a quarter of the world’s population and that I didn’t feel it was my place to mention this since I recently had had my own hand slapped for something inappropriate that I had posted, but thought someone, yes someone, should say something to the big guy.  I will be sending T that PM to the admin.

So T, there is no need to apologize to me, although, the Turtle seems to be enjoying it.

T apologized to me once before (it wasn’t necessary then either) and at that time I told him, “There is no need to apologize to me for possibly sending a "mixed message".  I really like the way you administer LTBBQ.  I am a member of 8 food related forums… but yours is the only one I frequent these days because it has everything I like…”  Nothing has changed.  This is the best forum out there and it is because of the weirdo wonderful characters that hang here.  It’s a classic case of the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
Now, on a side note, I cooked a thick steak outside after dark tonight and I kept looking for the backlight button on my Thermapen.  WTF?
"You will thank us for smoking."

Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Spirit E310
Weber Performer Premium
MAK 1 Star #184
Bradley OBS #968,312

Offline pz

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2013, 10:19:55 PM »
What I notice is most enjoyable in any effective online community is the ability to hold asynchronous conversations, and conversations change topic on a regular basis.  So what if a communication goes off topic.  For instance, how many of us when interacting in a social setting will say to someone "hey, don't change the subject; you're going off-topic"

While I sincerely appreciate Tee's observance of general online etiquette, hence the desire to apologize, I hardly see the need to.  Having to constantly make sure that you are on-topic means that you are going to be more concerned with protocol than enjoying the conversation.  On this forum (or any other), members are spread throughout the world, and it feels good to be able to hold a conversation just like you would in person, where the topic of conversation changes on a regular basis.

I think Tee should be commended for expressing his opinion in the Thermapen thread - I for one really enjoyed seeing the diverse opinions expressed as a consequence of the conversation.