Author Topic: Swai Filets dinner-400 calories  (Read 1966 times)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Swai Filets dinner-400 calories
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2014, 05:44:07 PM »
Lets go waaaay OT.Mexican Produce. With the improvements in the Mexican highway system,moving produce has gotten easier.HUGE expansion in their farms.

Friend says MEXICO,YUCK! But,look at Mexican farms,cant tell the difference from from ours,same equipment,same methods,same roads,same tractors and Semi's...looks like central California when you drive by.I mean REALLY looks the same.

Only possible gripe I have,is do they use banned pesticides? And if they do,does that mean OUR pesticides are somehow better,or just havent gone thru the eventual cycle that bans all organophosphate pesticides eventually?

How about those picking the crops,are they sanitary 'down there' What?,like they come HERE to harvest our crops,are they suddenly stupid when they do it at home?Or that Mexican farmers have some desire to produce contaminated harvests?

So I eat Mexican produce as well as US.Mass produced is pretty much mass produced,here or there.My local store is LOADED with products from everywhere,only total blacklist is China,those guys are nuts,kill you for pennies it seems,and not care.Would you like melamine with that product?

Again,we pick our comfort levels.

Agreed....
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2014, 05:54:08 PM »
I liked the plate also Carl ;D

Also enjoyed all the conversation on foods and where it comes from. My comes from Safeway or Sobeys ??? I don't know where they get it from. I do know when juicing I really wash everything and have noticed a scum on the water not dirt.

Today I found they fella close by, going to start buying what I can from him ;D
http://www.klassewoodsnaturalfarm.com
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2014, 06:22:44 PM »
Wow Drew,lucky you! The chicken and turkey at 3.25 a lb,worth every penny,some of the best meat Ive ever had.Also some good veggie prices.Those folks sure have good food!!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 07:01:01 PM by spuds »
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2014, 06:23:18 PM »
Great looking plate spuds and the additional reading material provided by you and T was very informative, thanks to both of y'all.  ;)

Cajun beat me too it! Love the plate and the topic is very interesting and informative.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline nylic76

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2014, 07:41:05 PM »
I live less than 200 miles from the Atlantic Ocean and it really irritates me to see that most, if not all,  the frozen seafood in the stores is imported from Vietnam,  Indonesia,  Argentina,  etc.  I don't,  like  to buy imported seafood  but it is getting increasingly difficult to find US seafood.  The US commercial fishing,  etc. industry is an extremely endangered venture.  So sad.
SRG
Big Easy
Weber Kettle
Traeger Junior
Broilmaster Gas & GrillGrates
12" A-MAZE-N Smoker Tube