Author Topic: low cal,lots of protein breakfast with non controversial eggs,LOL!  (Read 1741 times)

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
low cal,lots of protein breakfast with non controversial eggs,LOL!
« Reply #-1 on: June 04, 2014, 06:58:59 PM »
350 calories.The trick here is avoid the high calorie butter,oil,and cheese.And the bread has quite a few cals too,so going light on it.

3 very non controversial  ;D  large eggs-240 cal
1/2 slice sourdough supermarket bread-60 cals
1 tsp butter on toast-34 cals
1 oz white mushrooms-7 cals
Fresh chives from one green onion-5 cals

Lightly olive oil spray cast iron pan,scramble eggs with chives and mushrooms

1/2 slice toast buttered

Thats it.Just watch for the calorie pitfalls and get good protein,some not so good (processed,could be healthier if my own wheat bread ) carbs but gotta have those carbs.Not too shabby for a measly 350 calories.

Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
Sounds good to me.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
Re: low cal,lots of protein breakfast with non controversial eggs,LOL!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 07:09:49 PM »
Thats it.Just watch for the calorie pitfalls and get good protein,some not so good (processed,could be healthier if my own wheat bread ) carbs but gotta have those carbs.Not too shabby for a measly 350

Have you ever heard of or tried Dave's Killer Bread? http://www.daveskillerbread.com/
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 07:17:12 PM »

They weren't raise don Swai were they? :D :D :D :D

Seriously - I made something like that for my lunch today - I love a good scramble/omlet/fritatta - heck I love eggs ( as long as I have hot sauce especially...)
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline spuds

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 07:30:05 PM »

They weren't raise don Swai were they? :D :D :D :D

Seriously - I made something like that for my lunch today - I love a good scramble/omlet/fritatta - heck I love eggs ( as long as I have hot sauce especially...)
Yup,I thought of adding some salsa,even the store bought is surprisingly low cal,but shooting at minimums but still filling at this moment.If wt loss continues,and it is,AMAZING!! I will be able to up calories a little afterwards.

Let me check that bread link,been reading that the bread that you let rise overnight,name escapes me,is supposed to be better than just a fast risen loaf.Sort of helps breakdown certain parts of the dough to make more nourishing because you digest it better,heck,I already forgot the science but thats the gist of it.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 07:36:09 PM »
Have you got a link to the diet you are on Spuds? "Course if you keep dropping weight  - we might need to change your screen name to...."French Fry"... ;D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline spuds

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 07:36:51 PM »
Thats it.Just watch for the calorie pitfalls and get good protein,some not so good (processed,could be healthier if my own wheat bread ) carbs but gotta have those carbs.Not too shabby for a measly 350

Have you ever heard of or tried Dave's Killer Bread? http://www.daveskillerbread.com/
Good stuff! And my local Cardenas carries it,FANTASTIC.That goes on my storebought Numero Uno (Cardenas,LOL) list.

Thanks LVC,thats a gem!!! ;D

Offline spuds

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 07:42:50 PM »
Have you got a link to the diet you are on Spuds? "Course if you keep dropping weight  - we might need to change your screen name to...."French Fry"... ;D
High fat,low carb like Atkins I guess,and some veggie juice to keep micronutrients high.Really concerned to keep micronutrients high to avoid degenerative disease,auto immune and cancers and such.

You were supposed to gain 5 lbs coming off juice,Ive lost a pound.

Calorie portion controlled.Good veggie and fruits,and some nuts.Got into a nut sale so bought almonds raw in shell,they are about 7 calories each.Stay far away from the processed vegetable oils as possible,no margarine or shortening.Learned that right here thanks to Rads post,wasnt even on my radar all that much before,awesome,eh? ;)

Supposedly for my ht and wt I should eat 2100 calories a day to maintain,or 14,700 per week.Every 3,500 calories less than that equals 1 pound wt loss per week.So they say,individual metabolisms can vary,so watching and seeing and learning what works for me.Losing that wt (Think originally 253 highest now 206) has cut my BP meds in half,and then some.Current pill I cant divide,its sustained release 60 mg procardia,and daily its too much,BP in the 110's and standing gets me dizzy so taking every 36 hours instead of every 24,need  to see DR and have him redo my scripts. GOTTA LOVE IT!!

No coffee either,Next goal,no smoking,coming soon I hope. Yup,some huge reset for me and Mrs,and loving the results.Hey,someday I will retire,want to be around for it,and not be a medical basket ( or casket,LOL) case when Im there.Its even increased my bad PUN quotient,oh Mrs wont like that!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 08:04:48 PM by spuds »

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 07:52:19 PM »

Good stuff! And my local Cardenas carries it,FANTASTIC.That goes on my storebought Numero Uno (Cardenas,LOL) list.

I figured you'd like it, I discovered it about a year ago, my local Costco and Winco carries it.  I've been eating the 21 whole grains and seeds blend.  No preservatives so it will spoil quickly, I keep mine in the fridge and if I buy the double pack from Costco, one goes in the freezer until I finish the first one.
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline spuds

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 08:06:31 PM »

I figured you'd like it,
Your wrong,I love it.Dont get to winco or costco very often,was shocked when i found it at my local store,wow! Thanks again,what a gem! ;)

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 08:51:37 PM »

I figured you'd like it,
Your wrong,I love it.Dont get to winco or costco very often,was shocked when i found it at my local store,wow! Thanks again,what a gem! ;)

We are fortunate to be out west where it is available in local stores, I don't think any store east of the Missisippi carries it.   
----------------------