Author Topic: WARNING - This is highly addictive  (Read 5332 times)

Offline Smokerjunky

Re: WARNING - This is highly addictive
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2014, 03:49:42 PM »
I received my first batch about ten days ago and have already tried them all - they are outstanding.  Love the low salt content so I can let the meat soak in it for several hours before smoking.  I like them all but am particularly fond of the WOW/M3 mix! 
Grand Slam Pro
Weber Summit

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2014, 03:56:26 PM »
Where can I find the large containers of this stuff?  When I ordered it from the website all I could find was the 6oz size.

Send Tim a PM, he'll get you fixed up.

Thanks, at the rate I'm going I may have to place another order next week if I can't do something about my new addiction.  :P

Been there done that - need a t-shirt! The way my daughter is going, I'll need to get the Mo' Rockin Chicken in the 55 gal drum. She invites friends over to grill for them. This is the kid that NEVER planned to cook - she was going to be like mom (My next kitchen will only have vending machines...) but she is learning charcoal now, so I am thrilled.

And honestly, it is largely because the food tasted so good that she got excited and a huge part of that was Mo'Rockin Chicken She was a season salt kid on everything... no more. She actually tastes as she cooks and thinks about what works. Tim's rub was a big thing in catching her attention. Thanks, Tee!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2014, 04:11:11 PM »
We have tested the Mo-Rockin' Chicken, Fine Swine and Bovine and W.O.W. for a "salty taste test".

That is why we recommend applying the rub and allowing the meat to rest in the fridge for even 2 days before you cook - and your food will not taste salty.  but it will be more flavorful than you can imagine!

Now...David us the the Mo-Rockin' as a tool to get the kids to mow the lawn! :D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2014, 04:16:14 PM »

I've been using access to the grill for keeping their bathrooms clean... that's a good idea! Thanks!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2014, 06:36:37 PM »

I've been using access to the grill for keeping their bathrooms clean... that's a good idea! Thanks!

You're a great motivator.  ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline catinatree

• Boulder, Colorado
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2014, 07:14:47 PM »
I guess I'll need to invest in a re-hab clinic for Way out West Trail Dust ? LOL

The bank would just refer me to a clinic  ;D
GMG Daniel Boone
Southwest Discada 24" Rio Grande
Discada tri-pod burner
PolyScience Sous Vide

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2014, 07:36:52 PM »
It is some good stuff. I got some of my friends hooked on the Super Pig rub to make bacon candy, they loved it.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2014, 07:55:10 PM »
These are some fantastic spices. I am now out of Mo Rockin so will be emailing Tim for a LARGE bottle
this time.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline hikerman

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2014, 08:14:15 PM »
The whole Savor line is excellent and I agree with what everyone has had to say about it. But another point is that "most" other rubs that you purchase at fairly high prices has their first ingredient listed as SALT! Salt is the cheapest ingredient in any rub, and it's HEAVY, so with Tee's products having very little salt, Savor Rubs are by far the most economical to use!  ;D

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2014, 09:03:22 PM »
The whole Savor line is excellent and I agree with what everyone has had to say about it. But another point is that "most" other rubs that you purchase at fairly high prices has their first ingredient listed as SALT! Salt is the cheapest ingredient in any rub, and it's HEAVY, so with Tee's products having very little salt, Savor Rubs are by far the most economical to use!  ;D

Sure they are, as long as you can restrain yourself from eating it by the spoonful straight from the container.  :P
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline hikerman

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2014, 09:06:51 PM »

Sure they are, as long as you can restrain yourself from eating it by the spoonful straight from the container.  :P
OK! I stand to be corrected!  :D    You know there is a 12-Step Rub Clinic errrr I better not go there! :o

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2014, 09:44:06 PM »

OK! I stand to be corrected!  :D    You know there is a 12-Step Rub Clinic errrr I better not go there! :o

HI, my name is Cajun and I'm a Savor Spiceaholic.  :P
----------------------

Offline hikerman

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2014, 09:48:53 PM »
Well Cajun, you do know admitting that you have spice issues, is ONLY the first step?  ::)  ??? ??? ???

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2014, 09:54:21 PM »
Well Cajun, you do know admitting that you have spice issues, is ONLY the first step?  ::)  ??? ??? ???

Yeah, I got 11 more steps to go and I don't think I'm going to make it.  :P
----------------------

Offline hikerman

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2014, 10:06:11 PM »

Yeah, I got 11 more steps to go and I don't think I'm going to make it.  :P

:D :D :D :D