Author Topic: 22LR  (Read 1723 times)

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
22LR
« Reply #-1 on: July 11, 2014, 06:00:13 PM »
  :D :D :D     Please do not make political comments as I will be in trouble with Tim....again...   

[attachment deleted by admin]
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline TwoPockets

Re: 22LR
« on: July 11, 2014, 06:14:05 PM »
I work at Academy Sports and 22LR ammo is the most requested thing in the store. We get trucks in 3 days a week and we have folks lined up outside waiting for us to open to see if we have any. We keep the 22ammo up at Customer Service and it is my job to be there the first hour at least to answer questions and hand out the ammo for the cashier. I am on first name basis to several customers that come in on every truck day. What ever we get in goes very quickly. I wonder how much it would cost to open a 22 ammo manufacturing company?
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 06:34:01 PM »
Do bullets have a shelf life? I've got a bunch of them from my teenage years just sitting in my gun cabinet waiting for the revolution. Will they still work or should I restock?

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 06:36:41 PM »
Yup,next time buy in bulk if its still legal to do so.Old guys at rifle range taught me that,and boy were they ever on cue on that one.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 07:01:15 PM »
Used to use these when I was around 14-15 years old and spent summers out at my uncles farm in Dauphin, Manitoba. Most gophers didn't stand a chance if you where any kind of a shot  :)

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 07:43:32 PM »
I order my .22 LR via the CMP with a couple of friends whenever I can.  I received 2 cases several weeks ago that had been on order for almost a year.  I have another 2 cases that should be here, I hope, by the Fall.  We just placed a new order that might be delivered in about a year.  I am trying to stay ahead of the curve, somewhat.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline Pappymn

22LR
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 07:59:55 PM »
I order my .22 LR via the CMP with a couple of friends whenever I can.  I received 2 cases several weeks ago that had been on order for almost a year.  I have another 2 cases that should be here, I hope, by the Fall.  We just placed a new order that might be delivered in about a year.  I am trying to stay ahead of the curve, somewhat.

Art

Is their some kind of regulation on new production? This country is very good at filling a need. Curious what other factors are effecting supply
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline Smokerjunky

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 08:11:02 PM »
You know,,,, I would like to laugh at that but I am pretty sure that is what I look/act like when I find 22LR too. ??? :o :o
Grand Slam Pro
Weber Summit

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 09:24:21 PM »
Beautiful!  ;D ;D ;D
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 10:34:27 PM »
Funny and true!
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 10:42:19 PM »
Two points:

From what I understand all ammo manufacturing plants are operating 24/7 and still can't keep of with demand.  I also think some ammo companies are moving their plants to more friendly states.  I know some weapons manufacturers are.  North Alabama is getting a big prize there from a CT company.

Second, Don, no musket balls have an unlimited shelf life.  Your powder maybe another story.

Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline catinatree

• Boulder, Colorado
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 10:44:39 PM »
Not in Colorado ....
GMG Daniel Boone
Southwest Discada 24" Rio Grande
Discada tri-pod burner
PolyScience Sous Vide

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 12:07:04 AM »
Do bullets have a shelf life? I've got a bunch of them from my teenage years just sitting in my gun cabinet waiting for the revolution. Will they still work or should I restock?
Hard to say.Try a few. A LOT of WWII ammo in cans still shoots fine.

Tuesdays the old guys with a lot of old military rifles shoot.....they reload.Fav day is Tuesday,they've let wife shoot some classic rare and valuable guns,they get a big kick out of lady shooters,and she is a good shot too.Better than I am.

We always say around here,if we are ever attacked by mutant ninja zombie golf balls,they better stay far away from Mrs.  ??? 8)

I think a lot of the shortage is guys who used to get a box or two before shooting now want cases.And you can make a lot of profit reselling too.If production really is as high as its said,I would say thats why we are short.IMHO of course.

Been shooting a lot more arrows,and less bullets in our trips.Crossbows rock! So dang accurate it will blow your mind.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 12:12:15 AM by spuds »
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2014, 12:39:57 AM »
Around Dallas you see the same guy's lined up to buy the .22 ammo on truck days for $24 bucks a brick then you see them with it at the next gun show for $85 a brick, I know it's the American Free Enterprise system but I wish the stores would quit selling to the same few people and start putting it out at unannounced times so the average guy has a chance to buy a box every now and then.

Offline nylic76

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2014, 12:49:06 AM »
Dick's Sporting Goods opened a new store in my area a few weeks ago and had a fair amount of 22LR as opening day specials.  I bought a bucket of 1400 rounds of Remington Golden Bullet for $67.  My Ruger SR22 has problems with some of the cheap 22LR bought at Wal-Mart but fires this without a hiccup.
SRG
Big Easy
Weber Kettle
Traeger Junior
Broilmaster Gas & GrillGrates
12" A-MAZE-N Smoker Tube