Author Topic: Zuckerberg making bbq weird  (Read 16153 times)

Offline DWard51

Re: Zuckerberg making bbq weird
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2018, 05:59:00 PM »
My take?  Glad he enjoys the hobby and, while he may not be as focused and knowledgeable as some on this forum, it's great he's helping spread the gospel of BBQ to Millennials.

And thinking about most of the millenials I know, that is a scary thought (them and fire)

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2018, 07:04:34 PM »
Actually, I was thinking that it's pretty cool that a muckety-muck like Mark would be out in his backyard cookin' and hanging out with friends like I do. And to go live on FB is an even better idea.
I would hope that if he wanted to join our forum, we would give him the same welcome I got when I joined. I knew very little about cookin' outside at the time, but I have gotten better by learning from y'all. That's one of the good things about our hobby - people from all walks of life can enjoy it, whether they earn a little or a lot. It's a level playing field for us all.
If I go live on FB one Saturday, I hope you'll tune in and we can have some fun.
just sayin'...
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline cookiecdcmk

• Always looking for new ways to improve my food.
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2018, 10:31:07 AM »
The more I think about it, I wonder about this video.  It just does not look like a billionaire's back yard to me??

Offline Salmonsmoker

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2018, 10:53:02 AM »
The more I think about it, I wonder about this video.  It just does not look like a billionaire's back yard to me??

I was thinking the same thing cookie, Also, I don't see a MAK. He's probably saving up for one.

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2018, 01:18:02 PM »
Not to serve as an apologist for a socially inept multi-gazillionaire, the full video is over 30 minutes of livestream where he was answering viewer questions.  The "remix" is just someone having a bit of a laugh, but I took the time to watch the full video.

My take?  Glad he enjoys the hobby and, while he may not be as focused and knowledgeable as some on this forum, it's great he's helping spread the gospel of BBQ to Millennials.

I am going politely disagree....and offer a different perspective ;D:
Having Marxist...er - Mark Zuck "imparting wisdom" to Millennials is a bit like saying - that Hitler taught a generation of young Germans how to have a better life, by following him...
My disgust for Mark Zuck's involvement - proven involvement - in skewing our abilities to have real public discourse reflecting all sides of the political spectrum on Facebook is very telling about his agenda. Trust him.  Not on a dare......
Want him involved in BBQ??  HELL NO.

We already have too many self important mega rich blow-hards. :D :D :D Let's keep BBQ clean and safe for EVERYONE...regardless of income, race, creed, or political affiliation. With the exception of Sucky Zucky....:thumbup: 8)
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2018, 01:20:47 PM »
Actually, I was thinking that it's pretty cool that a muckety-muck like Mark would be out in his backyard cookin' and hanging out with friends like I do. And to go live on FB is an even better idea.
I would hope that if he wanted to join our forum, we would give him the same welcome I got when I joined. I knew very little about cookin' outside at the time, but I have gotten better by learning from y'all. That's one of the good things about our hobby - people from all walks of life can enjoy it, whether they earn a little or a lot. It's a level playing field for us all.
If I go live on FB one Saturday, I hope you'll tune in and we can have some fun.
just sayin'...

Love ya like family Jack....but I am NOT a FB fan. For all of the reasons you likely already know. And...uh - just like a list of trouble makers we already have that are not welcome here....you can bet that we would slam the door in Marxist Mark's face so hard that his family would get a headache. ;) ;D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Salmonsmoker

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2018, 09:19:15 AM »
just sayin'...

Love ya like family Jack....but I am NOT a FB fan. For all of the reasons you likely already know. And...uh - just like a list of trouble makers we already have that are not welcome here....you can bet that we would slam the door in Marxist Mark's face so hard that his family would get a headache. ;) ;D

:thumbup: