Outdoor Cooking Equipment > PIZZA OVENS - Wood Fired

Pizza test cook

(1/2) > >>

akruckus:
Old Sarge said the Ooni people told him to always use the chimney even when using the gas burners.  Wife was away, I shall play.  I can't mess up the way my wife likes pizza so I need to do my experimenting when its just me.... which is almost never.

I made 3 pizzas, 2 margarita style and 1 margarita with pepperoni.  All three had whole canned tomatoes pureed with a stick blender after adding some roasted garlic oil, salt, and a few basil leaves.

The chimney gave me better control without burning the top of the pizzas.  the sauce I prefer to the jars Rao pizza sauce.  While the jar is pretty darn good, I'm a simple man, and the thinner puree of tomato was good for me. As always I made the dough 2 days in advance, flour, water, salt, yeast, and a spoonful of sourdough starter. (https://www.stadlermade.com/pizza-calculator/) Here are some results:

smokeasaurus:
Looks like you are off to a great start  :thumbup:

GG-STL:
How do you like what you have made ?
Satisfy the chef then ask the others what they would like you change.
Then make everyone HAPPY.

Ka Honu:

--- Quote from: GG-STL on March 15, 2023, 06:41:41 PM ---Satisfy the chef then ask the others what they would like you change.
--- End quote ---

You're too nice. I "Satisfy the chef then ask the others what they would like to change and let them do it."

That way I stay happy and they have a chance to excel and make themselves happy.

Jus' sayin'...

old sarge:
Good looking pizza!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version