Outdoor Cooking Equipment > PIZZA OVENS - Wood Fired

Dough questions

(1/5) > >>

muebe:
I have a wood fired pizza oven in it's way so I have a few questions about dough...

I found a few good recipes using my bread maker to make dough. The dough uses yeast. Seems pretty easy to make this way. Will this kind of dough work well for making 4 minute wood fired pizzas? Or is there a dough that does not use yeast that works better?

And can you pizza experts post some of your dough recipes on a thread here? Maybe Smoke can make one that is a sticky?

I found one that uses honey. It sounds really good. I am hoping that the bread machine method is something that will work since I am a newbie when it comes to the dough world.

hikerman:
Mike, first my opinion is to definitely stay with yeast. That gives the airy crust that not only looks good but tastes great as well.  I have a few go-to recipes but I'm at work now and can get them to you later.
Congrats on the pellet pizza oven!

hikerman:
Mike here is a good one.
Www.bakingsteel.com/pizza-dough-peter-reinhart-baking-steel/

drholly:
meube,
Here are some good starting points. http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/pizza-and-flatbreads/crusts I've used a bread machine, but frankly have gone to mixing and kneading by hand or stand mixer. I haven't found an advantage to the bread machine. There are many variations and you can get really specific with crusts. After all, they are the heart of the pizza. I like hand kneading - makes me feel like I am really contributing to the crust.

However, when K-9  (Uuni) arrives you might want to pick up a dough from Trader Joes - they make a great pizza dough - regular or whole wheat. Give this a try to break it in and get the feel for the cooker.

If there is a local pizzeria that you really like - drop by and ask if they'd consider selling you some dough - many will.

Cheers,

Davi

muebe:
So does the dough in the bread mixer turn out not as good?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version