Author Topic: Smoked Blade End Pork Loin for Two  (Read 15493 times)

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
Smoked Blade End Pork Loin for Two
« Reply #-1 on: June 30, 2018, 03:51:13 PM »

What is a Blade End Pork Loin Roast? It's one of the segments of a entire pork loin that you'll find at your local grocery store and/or a big box store like Costco or Sams.

I like to buy meat in bulk and cutting/trimming the meat myself. I normally save big $$ per pound and i'm able to have the size cuts that best suits my needs. Costco had a whole boneless pork loin on sale and it provided us with 10 custom cut meals. That's one of the benefits of enjoying an empty nest. Each meal, for two, was half the price of one entree at a restaurant and for sure turned out better! Not only did I vacuum seal the Sirloin End Roast for future meals, but I also used the Center Rib and Center Loin for 1½ inch thick Boneless Pork Chops.

Fired up my GMG Davey Crockett wood pellet smoker-grill to 200ºF using CookinPellets Premium Perfect Mix. Check out the copious amount of smoke that the mix of 100% Hickory, Cherry, Maple, and Apple hardwood pellets provide! I was going to smoke the pork loin for an hour at 200ºF and then bump the pit temperature to 350ºF until the internal temperature of the roast reached 145ºF but instead chose to keep the temp at 200ºF ... The results, as you can see, was simply scrumptious melt in your mouth.

Rubbed the roast with extra virgin roasted garlic olive oil and seasoned with my favorite pork dry rub. Wrapped the loin in plastic and refrigerated overnight.

Took approximately 2½ hours (depending on the size of your roast) until the internal temperature reaches 145ºF. Rested the roast for 10 minutes loosely under a foil tent before slicing against the grain and serving.

For a low-carb meal I served the smoked pork loin roast with a side of low-carb cabbage casserole I found on the web and half an avocado ...

MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG

Offline cookiecdcmk

• Always looking for new ways to improve my food.
Re: Smoked Blade End Pork Loin for Two
« on: June 30, 2018, 04:56:52 PM »
Pete:  Excellent idea on how to save money and still get good cuts.  Just curious on what you do with the blade end?

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 05:49:37 PM »
Looks delicious Pete!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 06:44:16 PM »
Pete:  Excellent idea on how to save money and still get good cuts.  Just curious on what you do with the blade end?

I think you meant to say the "Sirloin End" ... I normally also smoke or roast the sirloin end with wonderful results. But I prefer the blade end which generally turns out extremely tender and moist. I have found that the sirloin end can dry out quickly if you take the internal temp past 145ºF. Pork loins are naturally lean cuts of meat so one rule of thumb that I use is the leaner the meat the higher the cooking temperature. But the blade end really takes to low-and-slow cooking.
MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG

Offline Pappymn

Smoked Blade End Pork Loin for Two
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 07:22:06 PM »
Excellent information and post
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 08:13:26 PM »
What Pappy said.   
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Roget

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 08:23:53 PM »
That certainly does look good.  :thumbup:
Like you, I always buy large packages of meat, then cut (or separate) into meal size portions, vacuum seal and freeze.
As you say, it is easy to have a quality meal for pennies when you do that.
YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone Flat Top X 2 (36" & 28")
DBS w/Auberins dual probe PID
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Grand Hall 3 burner Grill w/rotisserie,smoke tray, & side burner

Offline cookinpellets junior

• cookinpellets.com
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 05:28:48 PM »

What is a Blade End Pork Loin Roast? It's one of the segments of a entire pork loin that you'll find at your local grocery store and/or a big box store like Costco or Sams.

I like to buy meat in bulk and cutting/trimming the meat myself. I normally save big $$ per pound and i'm able to have the size cuts that best suits my needs. Costco had a whole boneless pork loin on sale and it provided us with 10 custom cut meals. That's one of the benefits of enjoying an empty nest. Each meal, for two, was half the price of one entree at a restaurant and for sure turned out better! Not only did I vacuum seal the Sirloin End Roast for future meals, but I also used the Center Rib and Center Loin for 1½ inch thick Boneless Pork Chops.

smoker pete!! That looks amazing, so does your cabbage dish.. would you mind sharing that?

Fired up my GMG Davey Crockett wood pellet smoker-grill to 200ºF using CookinPellets Premium Perfect Mix. Check out the copious amount of smoke that the mix of 100% Hickory, Cherry, Maple, and Apple hardwood pellets provide! I was going to smoke the pork loin for an hour at 200ºF and then bump the pit temperature to 350ºF until the internal temperature of the roast reached 145ºF but instead chose to keep the temp at 200ºF ... The results, as you can see, was simply scrumptious melt in your mouth.

Rubbed the roast with extra virgin roasted garlic olive oil and seasoned with my favorite pork dry rub. Wrapped the loin in plastic and refrigerated overnight.

Took approximately 2½ hours (depending on the size of your roast) until the internal temperature reaches 145ºF. Rested the roast for 10 minutes loosely under a foil tent before slicing against the grain and serving.

For a low-carb meal I served the smoked pork loin roast with a side of low-carb cabbage casserole I found on the web and half an avocado ...

jr@cookinpellets.com
facebook: cookinpellets junior
facebook cookinpellets
www.cookinpellets.com

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 10:13:27 AM »
Looks delicious Pete!!! Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal