Author Topic: Looking For Some New Rubs  (Read 12523 times)

Offline nukeofficer

• Grillin & Chillin
Looking For Some New Rubs
« Reply #-1 on: January 11, 2020, 11:27:21 AM »
Morning fellow BBQ enthusiasts.
I'm looking to try some new brands of rubs.
I've heard really good things about the Meat Church brand. What is everyone's favorite brand of rubs?

Thank you in advance.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Char-Broil GOURMET TRU-Infrared 2 Burner

Pit Boss 700FB

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Re: Looking For Some New Rubs
« on: January 11, 2020, 03:27:05 PM »
I use Bad Byron’s butt rub a lot.   But I also like Salt Lick and MAKs rubs from the pellet grill company
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 03:30:35 PM »
I use most of the time Meat Church BBQ, KosmoQ BBQ and Killer Hogs rubs. All 3 offer a great assortment of rubs depending on what you want to cook. I think out of all 3 my favorites are Meat Church BBQ Holy Gospel, KosmoQ Dirty Bird and Killer Hogs The Steak Rub. Also Killer Hogs AP rub is normally my base for any of the rubs I apply.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 11:05:04 AM »
Oakridge rubs I like a lot and Mike turned me on to meat church rubs. 
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline nukeofficer

• Grillin & Chillin
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 06:41:31 PM »
Thank you everyone for all the suggestions!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Char-Broil GOURMET TRU-Infrared 2 Burner

Pit Boss 700FB

Offline rexster314

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 09:38:26 PM »
If you have an Academy nearby, the rubs from BB (charcoal people) are very good. I have one for beef and one for pork/chicken
Masterbuilt 560 Gravity Feed
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
KitchenAid 720-0856V 8 burner 88,000btu gasser
Masterbuilt 40" Sportsman Elite gasser
2 MES 40" smokers
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Cham

Offline ronman451

• Albuquerque, New Mexico
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 12:06:40 AM »
One of my favorites is Oakridge BBQ Black OPS Brisket Rub. Plowboys makes some decent rubs too. My wife's favorite for chicken is Cattleman's Grill Ranchero Seasoning.
Ron

-Memphis Elite
-PBC
-Weber Genesis II
-Weber 26" Kettle

Offline Hub

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 02:53:01 PM »
I have two rubs that I've used for years that I was introduced to by Rod Gray the 2010 KCBS champ.  They are Smokin' Guns Hot and Cimarron Doc's.  Both are available from all the online BBQ supply houses in various sizes.  SGH is the spicier of the two but loses the heat when used during smoking.  CD's is sweeter and good on almost everything.  I even make a mix of the two sometimes.

Hub
Committed Pellethead & BBQ Writer
KCBS MCBJ & CTC
Ph.B.
Memphis Advantage
NOS American-made Traeger 075
Weber Performer
NG Weber Spirit (warming oven)
PBC
NO SMOKE DETECTOR IN MY OUTDOOR KITCHEN

Offline SC Cooker

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2020, 06:43:28 AM »
Look up B.R.I.T.U. (Best Ribs In The Universe). This has been my go to for several years for anything pork. I have tweaked it some, but the basic receipt is a great start.

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2020, 07:59:33 AM »

This is some of my rub and spice collection (the ones I use the most). I have some on the other wall of my pantry that are in bags, miscellaneous things.

As you can tell, I am a big Simply Marvelous Rubs fan. My 2 favorites of theirs are the Season All, which I am currently out of and the Peppered Cow. The Peppered Cow is what's in the bottom picture in the quart container under the Weber Coffee Rub. I like Peppered Cow so much that I bought a 5 pound bag of it and divided it up in containers and put in my garage fridge, lol.

I even have some of Tee's rubs from Savor Spices. I know they have a shelf life but I'll use them up one day!

I use Peppered Cow on anything beef, from burgers to brisket. It is my GO TO for brisket, I don't use and won't use anything else as it checks all of the boxes for what I want on a brisket. The Season All is FANTASTIC on chicken. I use it as a dry brine. Sprinkle it on and let it sit for 4 hours or so and grill, it tastes a lot like Waffle House's grilled chicken. Excellent in my book!

The Cherry Rub is great as well, I use it on ribs and the meat side and use season all on the bone side, they work well together. The Spicy Apple is also good. In reality, they don;t make a product I haven't liked!
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline ronman451

• Albuquerque, New Mexico
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2020, 12:52:01 PM »

As you can tell, I am a big Simply Marvelous Rubs fan. My 2 favorites of theirs are the Season All, which I am currently out of and the Peppered Cow.

I use Peppered Cow on anything beef, from burgers to brisket. It is my GO TO for brisket, I don't use and won't use anything else as it checks all of the boxes for what I want on a brisket. The Season All is FANTASTIC on chicken. I use it as a dry brine. Sprinkle it on and let it sit for 4 hours or so and grill, it tastes a lot like Waffle House's grilled chicken. Excellent in my book!

The Cherry Rub is great as well, I use it on ribs and the meat side and use season all on the bone side, they work well together. The Spicy Apple is also good. In reality, they don;t make a product I haven't liked!

That pantry looks very familiar! :-) I'm excited to try the Simply Marvelous Rubs! After reading your post and poking around the interwebs, they seem to have a big fan following for sure...
Ron

-Memphis Elite
-PBC
-Weber Genesis II
-Weber 26" Kettle

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2020, 01:05:57 PM »
I knew a couple of guys that cooked on the Simply Marvelous cooking team when I lived in California.

They are pretty darned serious about BBQ and their rubs are top notch.

If you like Simply Marvelous also look into the Big Poppa Smokers line up of rubs.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32