Author Topic: Maverick ET-733 WM 35$  (Read 11838 times)

Offline RAD

Maverick ET-733 WM 35$
« Reply #-1 on: January 12, 2020, 12:53:24 PM »
I was looking to have a second Thermometer and came across this deal and pulled the trigger before they disappeared. I have the ET-732 that I purchased in 2012 and it still works great.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Maverick-ET-733-BURGUNDY-Long-300-FT-Range-Wireless-Dual-Probe-BBQ-Smoker-Meat-Thermometer-Set/17167112
Love to cook and eat

Offline bamabob

• Way Down South in Alabama
Re: Maverick ET-733 WM 35$
« on: January 12, 2020, 09:13:46 PM »
Thanks RAD.  I also have an ET732 purchased back around 2011, thought it was about time to get a backup.  Did the Walmart pickup, ended up costing around $37.  the probes and batteries are worth that!  I will be sealing the probes where the wire enters the probe, I have found that doing that greatly extends the life of the probe.
Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline RAD

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 06:49:00 PM »
Thanks RAD.  I also have an ET732 purchased back around 2011, thought it was about time to get a backup.  Did the Walmart pickup, ended up costing around $37.  the probes and batteries are worth that!  I will be sealing the probes where the wire enters the probe, I have found that doing that greatly extends the life of the probe.
How do you do that?
Love to cook and eat

Offline bamabob

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 09:33:45 PM »

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline bamabob

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 09:45:13 PM »
How do you do that?

I have been using my current probes for 3 plus years after sealing the joint of where the wire enters the probe.  Previously I was lucky to get 5 or 6 cooks before getting errors.  I use my probes in my Keg which holds a lot of moisture, most of the time the probes are pointed down, any moisture that condensates on the wire would run down into the juncture of the wire and the probe resulting in a problem.  The high temp sealant prevented that and saved me $$$ in buying probes.

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline bamabob

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 09:54:49 PM »

Thanks again RAD

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline RAD

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 06:40:38 PM »
How do you do that?

I have been using my current probes for 3 plus years after sealing the joint of where the wire enters the probe.  Previously I was lucky to get 5 or 6 cooks before getting errors.  I use my probes in my Keg which holds a lot of moisture, most of the time the probes are pointed down, any moisture that condensates on the wire would run down into the juncture of the wire and the probe resulting in a problem.  The high temp sealant prevented that and saved me $$$ in buying probes.
Thanks
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 06:54:17 PM by RAD »
Love to cook and eat