Author Topic: Jim Baldridge Secret Seasoning  (Read 5449 times)

Offline DivotMaker

• The smoking lamp is lit! Tony
Jim Baldridge Secret Seasoning
« Reply #-1 on: August 04, 2013, 01:40:48 PM »
Baldridge Seasonings is a family-owned company in North Platte, NE, and makes one of the best steak seasonings I've ever had.  I'm not sure if you can even buy this in stores - I order direct at www.baldridgeseasoning.com

On steak, this is hands-down the best seasoning I've had.  I spent a lot of time in west Texas (San Angelo area) when I was in the Air Force, and this is very reminiscent of the little hole-in-the-wall steak houses found in that area.  It's a blend of salt, sugar, onion, garlic. pepper, spices like marjoram, rosemary, thyme, and some other "secret" ingredients (hence the name).

I'm trying it tomorrow on a smoked sirloin tip roast - I'll let you know how it goes!  I've used this on steak since the late 90's, and have never had a steak I like more than one with Jim Baldridge Secret Seasoning.

Check them out, and feel good about supporting a family-owned small business!

Smokeasaurus is already on-board with an order! 

[attachment deleted by admin]
Smokin-It model 1
Weber Genesis 1000
Charbroil Big Easy

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: Jim Baldridge Secret Seasoning
« on: August 04, 2013, 02:58:13 PM »
yup, talked to Becky, who is Jim's daughter and she says a bunch of BBQ teams use this seasoning exclusively. She says it is perfect for grilling or long slow cooks. They own a working ranch in Nebraska and I believe they raise their own livestock......Nebraska Beef.........yumm yumm  :-* :-*

It is even offered in a 5 gallon bucket so you know it has got to be good. Becky is checking out the forum and she has Tim's phone number if she becomes interested in being one of our forum sponsors.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 03:32:29 PM by smokeasaurus »
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 06:08:40 PM »
it looks great.  one problem.  a $12 bottle has a $8 shipping fee.  no bueno.   :(
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline DivotMaker

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 07:03:57 PM »
Once you try it, buying in bulk will reduce your shipping.  Worth every cent!  ;D
Smokin-It model 1
Weber Genesis 1000
Charbroil Big Easy

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 07:36:20 PM »
That is my plan if I like it.......
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 08:11:44 PM »
We have some rib eyes we can grill as soon as we get the seasoning...can you email some to me?
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 08:27:48 PM »
Keep em on ice Jaxon, the order hasn't shipped yet.... :D :D
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 11:03:53 PM »
I think Smoke might be a secret "seasoning and rub stock trader" :o
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 08:23:29 AM »

:D :D  Nah, just looking for Nirvana in a 12oz shaker bottle.........
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 01:04:03 PM »

I agree w/ that.  he has gotten me to buy a lot of different seasonings.   he's a rub pusher.  lol.....:o
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 02:14:36 PM »

I agree w/ that.  he has gotten me to buy a lot of different seasonings.   he's a rub pusher.  lol.....:o

:D :D
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline DivotMaker

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2013, 09:04:48 PM »

Don't know the whole history on the Tendarub thing, but hope this one doesn't get that rep!  LOL! 8)  BTW, it was really good on the sirloin tip roast!  On steaks, I usually start out with a cold 1"+ steak out of the fridge, give it a light onion salt sprinkle, and then a generous dose of Baldridge (thick enough to not see the meat through it).  I then let the steaks sit at room temp for about 2 hours before grilling.  I find them to be very tender this way, and my guests usually rave about the steaks. 

Ya wanna know about my Tendarub debacle??  Sparky almost pulled by Man card over this one  :D :D

http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=4507.0
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 08:18:06 AM by smokeasaurus »
Smokin-It model 1
Weber Genesis 1000
Charbroil Big Easy

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2013, 11:34:17 AM »
Used Jim's Secret Seasoning last night and for grilling it is very good. Gonna smoke a butt with it this weekend and will let everyone know how that comes out.

I found this from a guy that was friends with Jim:

Jim Baldridge was a man of many talents and, before his untimely passing, a good friend of my fathers. I remember him from boyhood, traveling through the empty dust of dirt roads to attend livestock sales with my father. Jim would auctioneer as dad worked the ring and I sat in the stands reading through the program trying to guess what each lot would go for and wishing I could bid on one. As I recall he always had a ready smile and contagious laugh but my most concrete memory of Jim is a vision from the ubiquitous diner that is often connected to sale barns.

It’s a surprising memory and I’m not sure why it stuck with me but I can still see him, sitting across from me, joking playfully with the waitress and eventually getting around to ordering a hamburger without the top bun or maybe he took the top bun off, either way he didn’t eat it.   Then a little while later, he would call the waitress over agian and order another hamburger, doing the same thing with the top bun. I was never sure if he did this because he thought if he skipped the bun it was fine to have two hamburgers or if he just liked less between him and the flavor of the beef. I’ve decided, whether it’s true or not, to believe that it was the latter of my two concocted possibilities. Which I think stands to reason given his great contribution to humanity and deliciousness, Jim Baldridge’s Secret Seasoning.

It was around this seasoning which the legend of Jim Baldridge grew in my head, ever since I was a young boy, probably eleven or twelve, a piece of beef never struck the Shirley table without first being generously bathed in Jim’ Baldridge’s Secret Seasoning.  We even took it with us on the Lake Vermillion fishing trip.  Here’s a visual testimonial of how Bucky feels about Baldridge’s:

So Good We Still Ate Them!

To this day, I don’t make steaks, burgers or chops without it and ever since I can remember anyone who tastes it asks me to get them some. Well, stop asking me and get it here: Buy Jim Baldridge’s Secret Seasoning, just make sure to tell them OA sent ya.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2015, 04:39:58 PM »
Found this Video, I have spoken to Betty before and she is a real nice lady

Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline nylic76

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2015, 07:31:52 PM »
Smoke, the website you gave the link for does not exist.  I realize the thread is about two years old and things can change.
SRG
Big Easy
Weber Kettle
Traeger Junior
Broilmaster Gas & GrillGrates
12" A-MAZE-N Smoker Tube