Author Topic: Texas Kick A$$ BBQ Sauce  (Read 602 times)

Offline veryolddog

• New Braunfels, Texas
Texas Kick A$$ BBQ Sauce
« Reply #-1 on: August 12, 2013, 07:42:48 PM »
Texas Kick A$$ BBQ Sauce

Ingredients

2 Cups Ketchup
1/4 Cup Molasses
4 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
Juice from 1 Fresh Lemon (Approx. 2-3 TBS)
1 tsp Tabasco® Brand Hot Sauce
3/8 Cups Dark Brown Sugar or light brown sugar as the case may be
1 TBS Cayenne (Red Pepper)
6 TBS of Minced Fresh Garlic or pressed garlic – I buy it in Jars already minced.
1 TBS Coarse (Salad Grind) Black Pepper

Instructions

In a small sauce pan add the ketchup and the molasses add the Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and Tabasco mixing it all around to make sure all ingredients end up in the sauce pan and are not left in the bottom of the cup.

Add the dark brown sugar and the cayenne to taste. Note: the cayenne will strengthen in flavor as the sauce cools so it is wise to add a little less than you think is enough. The above amounts are suited to my personal taste but I have a very Western taste buds and may be too spicy for some.

The dark brown sugar can be modified slightly as well if you tend to like a sweeter or less sweet sauce. I recommend that you do not be bashful about modifying this recipe for the tastes of you and your family. Young children are not going to go for a spicy sauce.

The fresh garlic should be crushed in a garlic press and you should be able to see the tiny pieces floating in the sauce when complete. It serves to add good flavor and excellent texture.

Add the coarse black pepper per the recipe and allow to simmer for 20 minutes to combine the flavors. This makes about a pint and a half of sauce that is excellent on Beef, Pork and Poultry. It should store in your fridge for about 3 weeks.
Serve warm or cold and expect praise and glory from all.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 07:47:55 PM by smokeasaurus »
An empty grill or pan is a blank canvas on which you can create like an artist!
Yoder YS480 Pellet Smoker and Yoder Cheyenne Stick Burner
Weber 22.5 OTG and Kettlepizza
Just an old Marine who remembers.

Offline pz

Re: Texas Kick A$$ BBQ Sauce
« on: August 13, 2013, 12:49:11 AM »
Sounds tasty!  ;)

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
Re: Texas Kick A$$ BBQ Sauce
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 05:00:28 AM »
While I am not a sauce guy, that sure sounds good.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS