OTHER HOBBIES > OTHER HOBBIES

My new zoom/macro lens

(1/3) > >>

smokendevo:
Ever since I bought my Nikon D5100 DSLR camera I have wanted to get a all around zoom/macro lens. The one from Nikon was just way out of my price range. After reading reviews on this lens it seemed it was a 50/50 mix of I love it and I hate it. I ended up watching a few youtube vids on the lens some of the flaws they pointed out I could not see and the ones they point out where soon fixed in software. Now many a professional will tell you you should not have to spend your time fixing things in software. Hey thats all I have is time and I edit most of my pictures anyways.
So I ordered the  Tamron 16-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD MACRO Zoom Lens, for Nikon AF Digital SLRs with APS-C Sensors, USA - Bundle With 67MM Filter Kit (UV/CPL/ND2), Cleaning Kit, Capleash II. A high-performance, high-power zoom lens that delivers focal lengths extending from an unprecedented 16mm at the wide-angle end up to a long-range telephoto 300mm!
Incorporates PZD (Piezo Drive) and Tamron's exclusive VC (Vibration Compensation)system to further enhance the real-world performance of this next-generation "all-around lens", which makes taking photographs more convenient and enjoyable.

Went out in the back yard to just kick it over a bit before I actually read up on some of the settings  ;D
This should be a fun addition for taking pictures.

So out on the lawn is this lone dandelion.

A close up of the dandelion

A pesky house fly on the driveway curb

Mr. Grasshopper on the deck

drholly:
I suspect you're going to have a lot of fun with that lens - keep sending the results!

Las Vegan Cajun:
And this is just the beginning of this addiction, trust me, my gadget bag has grown to the size of a suitcase that barely meets the size requirements for for carry-on luggage.

Great shot BTW, you're gonna love that new lens.  ;)

sliding_billy:
Enjoy the new toy.

Smokin Don:
Looks like a great lens SD !!! Nice shots!!! Don

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version