Author Topic: 1st Time Big Boy Ribs  (Read 2578 times)

Offline N. Ontario Smoker

Re: 1st Time Big Boy Ribs
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2014, 10:52:11 PM »
I cook my pork ribs for 3 to 3 1/2 hours at 225-240 temp, basted with diluted Apple juice mixed with a little of the rub I am using. I do that every 30 minutes. I start meat side up for an hour or so and then turn meat down for another hour and finish meat side up for the last hour. I always take the back membrane off. I try to cook with indirect heat as much as possible. Since I don't use sauce or foil I really use a lot of rub on both sides of them for flavor. Maybe that's what keeps in my moisture.
That's about all I can say to help you.
"Vegetarian" is an old Indian word for bad hunter.

Fred

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2014, 12:07:19 AM »
Looks good to me Drew,and if you had leftovers they will be even better.Plate me up Bud!!
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2014, 12:27:14 AM »
They did look good CDN! I have done them without foiling and come out good, BB's maybe better than spares. After an hour on smoke I usually go to 250 -275 deg. and lately have been done at 4 1/2 hrs. total Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2014, 08:43:10 AM »
Did you add any moisture while cooking, like basting with apple juice or a pan of liquid inside your cooker?

No I regret I did not, I was reading that others did not.

I cook my pork ribs for 3 to 3 1/2 hours at 225-240 temp, basted with diluted Apple juice mixed with a little of the rub I am using. I do that every 30 minutes. I start meat side up for an hour or so and then turn meat down for another hour and finish meat side up for the last hour. I always take the back membrane off. I try to cook with indirect heat as much as possible. Since I don't use sauce or foil I really use a lot of rub on both sides of them for flavor. Maybe that's what keeps in my moisture.
That's about all I can say to help you.

Thanks NOS, I bookmarked your comments to try another time
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.