Author Topic: Ding Dong  (Read 1096 times)

Offline txpops

Re: Ding Dong
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2014, 04:33:31 PM »
Nice! What are you gonna do first? Jerky, veggies, fruit roll-ups?
Original Bradley smoker w/dual element mod
Dual-Probe auber pid
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil Beesr
Outdoor Gourmet Pellet Grill
Camp Chef DLX pellet grill
Old Smokey #22 charcoal grill
Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2014, 05:42:14 PM »
You are going to love the way this thing works. I haven't had a bad cook yet. To me the trays are not that fragile but are large and a pain to wash, I really like Tee's advice. The other thing I find that cleaning the bottom after using it is a bit of a pain. I always have some spice I'm trying to get up. Let me know if you find a better way to clean the bottom of the unit.

There should be a mat that came with the unit you can place on the bottom tray to catch anything dropping. I had one that came with my LEM. Of course if you are using every tray then it does not work.
No mat came with mine but i could do the same thing Tee said and put in on the last tray. You guys are world of info, thanks

I have a pair of those solid grill mats I bought from the As-Seen-On-Tv store at the mall, I'm thinking of using one of them on the bottom tray to catch any drippings. I figured I can sacrifice one tray for easy cleanup, 10 trays is a helleva lot of trays and leaving one vacant for easier cleanup is worth it.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2014, 05:44:57 PM »

I just got back from a shopping spree at Bass Pro Shops and picked up a whole bunch of jerky seasoning, looks like jerky is gonna be the break-in run in it.  ;)
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline RAD

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2014, 08:46:01 PM »

I just got back from a shopping spree at Bass Pro Shops and picked up a whole bunch of jerky seasoning, looks like jerky is gonna be the break-in run in it.  ;)
I find 4 hours @ 1/4 inch is good. Thicker/thinner you will have fun getting it right for you
Love to cook and eat

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2014, 09:01:31 PM »

I find 4 hours @ 1/4 inch is good. Thicker/thinner you will have fun getting it right for you

Thanks for the tip RAD, I'm going to use GB so I'll be squeezing out flat strips using the jerky cannon.
----------------------