Other Cooking Equipment > Cast Iron & Campfire Cooking

Latest thoughts on my Cast Iron Cookware

<< < (2/7) > >>

Pam Gould:
Looking good Don..I have a Wapak just like yours with the heat ring around the outside, My mother in law gave it to me before she died..she only fried potatoes in it and it's perfect. she made the best fried taters. Hang on to that pan.  Pam  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

Las Vegan Cajun:
Great info Don, thanks for taking the time to post it. ;)

Pappymn:
Great post SD

spuds:
Enjoyed the post and your cleaning and curing method.

I dont think cast will ever make it back,the new generations are wally world mindset of cheap disposable things.2 of our 4 kids,50/50 CI or new wave carp.The ones who dont use CI think its too hard to maintain.First time BIL saw ours in action,its all he has talked about since.

Kat,do a couple bacon cooks in it,then wipe dry with only a light oil film and give it an oven treatment after first couple cooks.You will be pleased,and Im one who seasons over the Lodge seasoning which personally I like.You will LOOOOOVVVVEEEE your Lodge,2 of my favorites are the bread pans and the biscuit tray

Ive done bacon,coconut and grapeseed cures,each has had so so or spectacular successes,I like bacon overall best just because.

1Bigg_ER:
Great post.
I seasoned my first lodge skillet. Then I bought a second skillet, washed it and started cooking it it without seasoning first.
I have 7 skillets now, never seasoned them. I just used a tad bit more fat during my first few cooks, made sure it warmed my heart up pretty good before cooking.

I don't touch any Teflon cookware.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version