Author Topic: Moved inside the house  (Read 60236 times)

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
Moved inside the house
« Reply #-1 on: October 03, 2014, 04:58:49 PM »
With the upcoming forecast of snow this weekend I decided to move my pepper plants inside. Had them out in the green house all summer but even with a light on in the green house I didn't want to take a chance of the plants dying. About a month ago I had 5 or 6 full size peppers but that was it. Now as winter is creeping up fast the plants have hundreds of baby peppers so into the house they came. Not with out my 10 year old complaining all the way that his finger tips where hurting big time carrying the heavy end so he said. Told him to suck it up as his fingers don't hurt when he is playing X-Box  ;D ;D ;D ;D

This sucks
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 06:09:50 PM by smokendevo »

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
Re: Moved inside the house
« on: October 03, 2014, 07:20:35 PM »
I'm not ready for winter!!!  Seeing what you had to do reminds me that I will have to move a bunch of plants inside in the not-to-distant future.  Your plant looks pretty healthy.  Will it make it through the winter by being inside?

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 07:34:05 PM »
Art I'm not sure if it will make it through the winter. Never had pepper plants inside before. I am more of the aloe vera plant type of guy where you don't water it for 3 months and than remember yes you should water it.  :)
Hopefully it will do well inside and produce peppers for a while. I was wondering if someone knows if I can cut it back a bit if it gets to much bigger? Will this hurt it?

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 07:51:45 PM »
Actually pruning may help the plant. I haven't grown peppers but have just ordered some seeds from Pepper Joe. His website has tips on growing, pruning etc.
http://www.pepperjoe.com/gardening-tips/tips.html
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 08:07:51 PM »
Come on down y'all.  We got plenty of hot left.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 12:24:12 AM »
your having that weather already?  it's been 90's here lately.  snow for ya this weekend.  that sucks. 
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 12:43:34 AM »
I can provide those pepper plants plenty of outdoor sunshine and warmth, just send them on down here.  :D
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 04:34:44 PM »
The plants slowed down for a while after bring inside but they seem to be taking off again. Notice more flowers blooming so they must be happy  :)