Author Topic: For Pappy and muebe  (Read 4866 times)

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: For Pappy and muebe
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2015, 04:47:41 PM »
Precision - color is up to them.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2015, 04:49:42 PM »
I had to listen to my brother (a rabid Dallas fan) about how the game was stolen...

Justice was served for the way Dallas stole the game from the Lions the week before on the interference that was never called.

lol - was going to say that to my bro' but figured better to just listen... And anyway, he is a good sport - it's just football...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2015, 04:53:32 PM »
Precision - color is up to them.

My Precision came in black, it does go well with my red Anova One.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline pz

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2015, 04:55:45 PM »
I can see some good cooks coming in the near future - congratz on the acquisition!

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2015, 04:59:49 PM »
I'm getting excited - lurking on all the SV sites... LOL
Member #

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2015, 05:11:08 PM »
This Just in from the e-mail bag...

MY Anova P C shipped today...picked up in Houston by FedEx

Anova said it would take 2 to 3 weeks to ship, but mine was ordered last Tuesday, so they must be getting up to speed.  Anyway, I'm looking forward to it, especially with DRH getting one.  Like him, I have been searching the web far and low for recipes and techniques so I can "hit the ground running" as they say here in Dixie.  I am also bookmarking the recipes you guys are posting because I think y'all cook more like I do.
So, there we are...on the tarmac waiting for clearance to take off (a little aviation jargon there).
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2015, 05:14:37 PM »
This Just in from the e-mail bag...

MY Anova P C shipped today...picked up in Houston by FedEx

Anova said it would take 2 to 3 weeks to ship, but mine was ordered last Tuesday, so they must be getting up to speed.  Anyway, I'm looking forward to it, especially with DRH getting one.  Like him, I have been searching the web far and low for recipes and techniques so I can "hit the ground running" as they say here in Dixie.  I am also bookmarking the recipes you guys are posting because I think y'all cook more like I do.
So, there we are...on the tarmac waiting for clearance to take off (a little aviation jargon there).

I am with you Jack! Getting excited. I am leaning towards fish and chicken to start, but figure there will be a whole lotta cooking going on around here. I look forward to sharing ideas with you and everyone else!
Member #

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2015, 05:20:42 PM »
So, there we are...on the tarmac waiting for clearance to take off (a little aviation jargon there).[/size][/size]

Jaxon Niner One Zero you're cleared for takeoff on One Eight Zero Left, climb and maintain 10,000 feet until you reach the Unicorn VORTAC, then turn left heading Zero Niner Zero, climb to flight level Three Five Zero. Have a smooth flight!!! ;D
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2015, 05:24:30 PM »
Forgot that unicorns can fly...
Member #

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2015, 05:27:06 PM »
Roger, LVC, will climb to the Unicorn Vortac and cruise from there.

David, figger about 6 days from when your order was placed...they will probably be shipping by then.

I'm thinking 3 - 4 days in transit so I'm looking for it by Thursday or Friday.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2015, 05:31:24 PM »
Roger, LVC, will climb to the Unicorn Vortac and cruise from there.

David, figger about 6 days from when your order was placed...they will probably be shipping by then.

I'm thinking 3 - 4 days in transit so I'm looking for it by Thursday or Friday.

Whoo hoo!
Member #

Offline 1Bigg_ER

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2015, 10:04:57 PM »
I'm looking into getting the Precision as my second unit. Anybody already using one, what's the difference?
KARUBECUE!!
Weber WSM 14.5
Weber Performer Platinum
Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5 AKA Big Worm
PBC AKA The chicken whisperer

Offline pz

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2015, 11:12:58 PM »
I'm looking into getting the Precision as my second unit. Anybody already using one, what's the difference?

Not a huge difference, really, in price or in function.  I'd make my decision on the frequent discount coupons - typically about $50.  Here's the specifications page:

http://anovaculinary.com/pages/products

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2015, 11:24:47 PM »

I got a Precision as my second unit, the difference is an adjustable collar clamp so it can be used on shallow pots, has Bluetooth capability and retails for $20 less than the Anova One.   The Precision is also 200 watts less than the One, 800 watts vs 1000 watts, does not seem to be a noticble difference, but I havent run the two units side by side to compare the difference yet.
----------------------

Offline 1Bigg_ER

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2015, 12:51:07 AM »
Thank you PZ, LVC. Still not on Amazon yet, I'll look it up on Anova.
KARUBECUE!!
Weber WSM 14.5
Weber Performer Platinum
Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5 AKA Big Worm
PBC AKA The chicken whisperer