Welcome Center > Posting Photos & Videos

IMPORTANT REMINDER - Attachments and Scheduled Forum Maintenance.

<< < (2/3) > >>

Pappymn:

--- Quote from: TentHunteR on March 23, 2015, 05:54:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: Pappymn on March 23, 2015, 02:37:53 PM ---Does this pertain to Tapatalk users?  I'm not sure how my pics post, they just do.

--- End quote ---

Pappy, looking at your recent posts, it looks like they are embedded (using the IMG codes), not attached (using "Attachments and other options").

--- End quote ---

So does embedded = attached?

HighOnSmoke:

--- Quote from: Pappymn on March 23, 2015, 05:57:53 PM ---

--- Quote from: TentHunteR on March 23, 2015, 05:54:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: Pappymn on March 23, 2015, 02:37:53 PM ---Does this pertain to Tapatalk users?  I'm not sure how my pics post, they just do.

--- End quote ---

Pappy, looking at your recent posts, it looks like they are embedded (using the IMG codes), not attached (using "Attachments and other options").

--- End quote ---

So does embedded = attached?

--- End quote ---

No I don't believe so Pappy. If you are posting from photobucket, etc you are embedding the photos. If you are uploading from your computer you are
attaching the files. Correct me if I am wrong on this one Cliff.

teesquare:
Attachments are files that are moved or copied directly from your computer to LTBBQ.  When you coy and paste from your computer or tablet, or phone directly to the forum.

Embedded photos are those which you are storing on any hosting service. Flickr, Photobucket, Imgur...With an embedded file - you would go to your hosting service, and copy a link in some fashion - then put that link/url in your post.

I hope that does not make it sound more complicated.  :)

Pappymn:
Still don't have any idea if I'm doing it right or wrong as it pertains to Tapatalk. I know several people here use it. Can anybody explain it like I'm 5

TentHunteR:
Mike and Tee are both correctt.  Let me try to simplify this.

Pictures are either Embedded,  OR they are Attached. 

Attached: If you are adding your pictures by clicking "Attachments and other options," then they are attached and get uploaded directly to the forum's server where they are stored.

Attached photos look like a thumbnail image with a paper clip icon and filename underneath.

Embedded: If you are storing your photos somewhere else (PhotoBucket, Tapatalk, Picasa, Flickr, etc.) and inserting them into your post using the Image Tags ([IMG] [/IMG]) then the image code is embedded as a part of the post.

Pros/Cons: 

Attached files are easy to upload and insert,  BUT they take up storage space on the forum's server and cause more bandwidth usage.

Insert (or embed) the image code, and the forum server never even sees the photo. Instead it instructs the viewer's browser to download it from your photo account. It keeps our costs down and makes the forum run faster.

Hope this makes sense!

Cliff

P.S. Pappy, Your photos are stored on Tapatalk's website, so they are embedded.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version